• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Zac was discharged from Baylor Rehab this morning and they were on their way to church before going home. Fred says he is excited to be back in church and to play with his dog when he gets home.

Congratulations Zac! So glad to read that you are now going home. Continue on with your comeback journey. You shall remain in our thoughts & prayers.

So he's been in since the posts in early Sept before his Birthday!?

Well, we pray for him in general every night. I thought he was out or we'd have been praying about the therapy as well. Still, it is good to know he's back home. I can't imagine spending a month on the inside... :eek2:

Today Zac is having surgery in Dallas @ 1:30, (Dallas University Hospital). This is a serious surgery related to his brain. Fred will give us an update when it is available. Also, please pray for God’s peace for the family.

This from an email I got this morning. I will post if I learn anything else.

Heavenly Father God, please be with Zac and his family
today. Guide the surgeon's hands. Pour your grace over
Zac and his family. But more than anything, give them
Peace that goes beyond our understanding during this
time of testing. In Jesus Holy name, Amen.

Thanks for letting us know! Definitely praying for a good outcome!

Zac's surgery started about 4 rather than 1:30 as planned. They closed about 7 and Zac was transferred to ICU about 7:40. Surgeon says they accomplished what they set out to do. He is to have a CT scan in the morning to verify there is no brain bleeding.
I'll post up when I know more.

Amen

Zac's surgery started about 4 rather than 1:30 as planned. They closed about 7 and Zac was transferred to ICU about 7:40. Surgeon says they accomplished what they set out to do. He is to have a CT scan in the morning to verify there is no brain bleeding.
I'll post up when I know more.

Thanks for the update. I will let the kids know. They were kind of worried when I mentioned he was having surgery on the brain!

Amen!

Finally got an update from Fred. Zac has suffered some, hopefully temporary setbacks as a result of the surgery. Can't close his lip around a straw as before which makes it difficult to drink and his right eye is looking off to one side. Surgeon expects Zac to regain what he has lost. The cyst that was removed from his brain filled the fourth ventricle. Zacs eye doc is to see him later today.

I got another update from Fred this morning and unfortunately my "granpaw" phone won't let me forward it so I had to type it :doh:

Zac was transferred to Baylor Institute of Rehabilitation (BIR) yesterday evening. He was pretty wore out and didn't feel like eating once he got settled in. Today started early with PT,OT, and ST evaluations and seeing a lot of his previous therapists and finishing out the day with Physical Therapy. After lunch he had an episode of nausea, he's still having issues with chronic hiccups and a persistent cough coming from the back of his throat. He is still very weak and can't feed himself, so I feed him most of his meals. He still has to have help transferring from the bed to the wheelchair and his speech is still a little slurred. Although this is the worst overall condition that I've seen in awhile, I'm confident this is going to be another one of God's episodes. Because yesterday morning when the neurosurgeon came in for his visit and he asked Zac to smile we got the surprise of our lives! The right side of his mouth came up into a beautiful straight smile that I haven't seen since before his accident.
Zachry is so glad to be back at BIR and I can see the difference in his attitude and motivation which had suffered a bit over the last year. Having the pneumonia behind him now, I believe he will be feeling better every day and I know he will give his 110% and begin to gain his strength back and surpass every goal he has reached so far. Please pray for him as he starts a full day of therapy from 9-4 tomorrow. Zac asked that you would pray for a supernatural healing.

Through God all things are possible

Zac is in our thoughts and prayers

Hard to believe this journey stared back in August 09. I thought of Zac when Nicky Haden was injured and then passed. My memory is frequently wrong but I think I remember Zac racing against Nicky and the two being friends. I saw Zac @ church last Sunday and he was in good spirits, reminding me of good times when he was 6 or 7. They have about worn out the mini van and a go-fund -me account has been started to help purchase a newer one and equip it to pick up the heaver wheel chair he now needs. I tend to be skeptical of online fundraising but I know the need on this one. It can be found here: https://www.gofundme.com/fundraiser-for-zac-chapman

In post 865 Zac asked for supernatural healing, even though it was a while back. Zac I come into agreement with your prayer of faith to your high priest of your confession of faith, Jesus who is seated at the right hand of God making intercession for you Zac. Father God we thank you that you word in 1Thes. 5:17-18 and give thanks for blessing Zac, that this is your will for Zac whose life is in Christ, in all things we give thanks, and praise you. We know and thank you for your promise according to Rom. 8:28 that all things will work together for Zac's good, because he loves you and you have called him according to your purpose. 1Thes. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify Zac. wholly: and we pray Zac's whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. We thank you that you put your super on the doctors natural and thank you for miracles and give you all the glory, praise and honor. We are confident of this, that He who began a good work in Zac will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus Philippians 1:6.
Zac we know God has a plan and a purpose for your life Jeremiah 29:11, and we will continue to give thanks to God, who is in control.
Zac you are a mighty man of faith in God and He will never leave you or forsake you, and there is nothing that can ever separate you from His love. Rest in this.
I will donate to your Go Fund Me, for your needs.
Amen and so be it.

Last edited:
Does he have a PayPal account where we can send funds rather than through the GoFundMe site?

I have been texting Zac's Dad this afternoon and he agreed for folks who would rather PayPal to send it to flchapman@gmail.com. This is the account they used when Zac first got hurt. He asked that if using PayPal to put "Zac's fundraiser" in the memo block.

Back