• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

prayers for FIL Larry with Alzheimers, again...

Lucydad

Forum Supporter
So about 2 weeks ago we moved my FIL to Sugar Land from San Antonio. He is now in local Alzheimer's care 5 minutes from our house. My wife is now primary legal and medical guardian as her older brother died in a freak motorcycle crash last October. After evaluation by local docs and staff: they recommended Hospice care. Larry is stage six, and eroding quickly, so focus is on palliative/pain care instead of "cure". It has been a rough road for us, and 2019 realistically will be dealing with FIL's death, and my wife's enormous load and stress, and eventual letting it all go. Prayers appreciated. We have had two deaths in 3 months. I intuit Larry will pass before Easter. I support best I know how, mainly by just listening and being there. Thanks.

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Prayers. Difficult situation...

South Tex

Forum Supporter
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
Keep the family strong and looking forward not back. Prayers sent

First Name
David
Last Name
Little
Your listening and being there is all that can be expected, and will be greatly appreciated down the line. Hang in there. Dave.