• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers for Jeff Wilson

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Not sure how many here know Jeff, he's been a staple in the Houston MX community for decades. Jeff took a nasty fall while riding the Memorial trails on his mountain bike and broke his neck it seems. Let's keep him in our prayers and hope he heals up soon.

That name sounds familiar, but can’t put a face to it. Praying he’ll mend up.

That name sounds familiar, but can’t put a face to it. Praying he’ll mend up.
Long blonde hair early 60's guy! His son says he's been moved to a rehab center and is progressing well so far. Pretty serious injuries from what i gather.

T
119981005_335323997809448_3192014294294182704_n.jpg
his is Brad, just posting an update
Dad is doing well, and has been moved to TIRR rehab facility in downtown. As I have been sitting here today many doctors/nurses/therapists have come in and examined him and have said how well he is doing and how much he should be able to accomplish. A lot of hope has been given to him, as well as myself through these conversations. He would like to thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Brad Wilson
I briefly talked with Pops this afternoon at lunch, and today he walked 200ft WITHOUT a walker!!!!! The nurses were supporting him from behind, but yesterday he walked 45ft with a walker and today…..just wow. That’s amazing. Also, yesterday they started Tins Unit therapy on his right bicep, and he said that he can move his arm more last night than he could Monday when I sat at his bedside. 3 days into therapy, and he making strides to get better. Each time I call him, he has good news and that warms my heart.

Prayers send. Jeff is an awesome guy and a great rider. He grew up with my friend Ron in Pasadena. They have been on dirt bikes since they were kids.

So today, Hannah and I took Endo, our dog, to see Pops and spent about an hour and half with him outside. He’s in an electric wheelchair that he controls with a toggle switch on his left side. He was moving quite a bit in the chair with his left side. His right, he was moving but not nearly as much. He said that he can walk, and stand by himself. He cannot fully sit up from laying flat, but at about 45° he can sit up by himself.

And the nurses had him looking like a hipster with a man bun 😂😂
FB_IMG_1629671561478.jpg

Thanks for the update; good news. Need to adapt an electric start 2 stroke to that chair.

Hung out with my Old Man most of the day today, and let me tell you, that man is strong and I’m proud as **** to call him my dad. 7 days ago I sat by his bedside as he couldn’t hardly move. He couldn’t could not get out of bed, he could scratch his nose, he could hardly move his right side. Seeing Superman like that was hard as ****, but I was hopeful because I know my dad. Today, I was able to be there for all of his OT & PT sessions and I was amazed to say the very least. They kicked him out of his electric wheelchair and put him in a manual chair that he pulls around with his legs, “powered by Jeff”, as he would say. After they took his chair, I watched my dad walk close to 400ft with a walker and minimal assistance from his physical therapists, he walked 45ft without a walker and minimal help. He can stand on his own, he can almost roll out of bed from laying flat on his back. His hands are still a work in progress, but it’s worlds better than what I had previously witnessed.

Now these are not the greatest videos by any means, but they show amazing progression.

This is Brad again, I meant to share this with you all yesterday, but dad is doing fantastic. If you would like to go see him this week, Friday 8/27 I do not have anyone scheduled to go up to TIRR in the med center to visit with him. Also, next week most of the week is open. Please send me, Brad Wilson, a message if you'd like to go. THank you all for your continued thoughts & prayers.

"After 5 weeks, of grateful prayer, determination, friends, family and the amazing, skilled and caring staffs at Memorial Herman and TIRR, Jeff is alive, functional, minimally mobile, pain-free and an honest to God miracle who is now home and happy!"
241662183_10225269379391280_362534157254635464_n.jpg
241654513_10225269564835916_7058671468651192624_n.jpg

"Hey Everyone, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I appreciate you all for remembering me today.. I am doing much better than 2 months ago but it's still not 100% so difficult to type. Wish I could reply to each individual but next year I will, for sure."

Jeff thanking everyone for birthday wishes. He seems to be better every week.

"Hey Everyone, thank you all for the birthday wishes! I appreciate you all for remembering me today.. I am doing much better than 2 months ago but it's still not 100% so difficult to type. Wish I could reply to each individual but next year I will, for sure."

Jeff thanking everyone for birthday wishes. He seems to be better every week.
Jeff what an encoragement you are to us. You have a great outlook on this life and I know you have had it for many years. Every person comes to places in life where we need faith and encouragement and I see it has been a normal part of your life from listening to testamononials of your friends and seeing your joy expressed with your smile.
That word encouragement has courage in it. This is just another battle you have won before it even begun.
Thanks Jeff

Selling my 2006 Honda VFR800. 12,700 miles $5300

Beautiful bike that has low miles. Full Delkevic exhaust with Carbon silencers. Low milage Metzler tires front & rear. Removable seat cowling. ABS brakes and centerstand.

I hate to sell this bike, but due to mountainbike accident, I have to. This VTEC motor is awsome

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1659542705521.jpg
    FB_IMG_1659542705521.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 81
Looks like a fun bike.Wish I had the money and space.

Back