• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

prayers for mom...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

Call from assisted living in Durango, CO this morning: mom fell. ER paramedic said suspected broken leg and or hip. She is 97, and now admitting to hospital. I am in Sugar Land, and of course major snowstorm in 4 corners. Prayers please... thanks.

Praying

Last edited by a moderator:
You got it.

Sorry to hear. Prayers are with you and her.

I remember you were talking about hospice a while back, was a decision made for that?
Unfortunately, a hip fracture at this age can be very serious. Many times surgery is the only solution, and many surgeons do not want to do it because of the high risk and poor outcome.
Good luck in this trying time.

Prayers appreciated, yes she was admitted into hospice this afternoon. I am surrendered to the process.

Mom passed early this morning. Today was crazy busy for me from 6 AM until 6 PM... thanks for prayers. As a friend told me "she is dancing at the feet of Jesus"... I had a profound metaphysical experience. Death is one of the times we are most close to God.

It's a tough place to be. We will miss those we love, but we also know they are better now. A mixed blessing to be sure.

Just see this thread and I'm sorry for your loss.

Just saw this prayer request. So sorry for your loss. My mom had here 89th BD and spoke of her time that is coming when we talked. Its tough losing a parent, and seeing that guess what, our time is coming too. Could be any day. Thank God for the peace he gives us, his grace and promise.
Ed

Back