• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Premier San Antonio Gun Show - 14 & 15 December

M2

Reaction score
Yep, it’s time for the final Premier San Antonio Gun Show for 2013!
bth_ShootingCowboySmiley-1.gif

Without a doubt, this is the biggest and best gun show in Central Texas, perhaps even in the whole state! Over 800 tables at one of the best venues for a gun show in the area. It does get crowded but the promoters keep the aisles nice and wide for everyone to walk and see what’s on the tables!

Dates are Saturday, 14 December and Sunday, 15 December at the Freeman Expo Hall next to the AT&T Center (3201 East Houston Street) here in sunny San Antonio.

Hours are Saturday from 9am to 5pm, and Sunday 10am to 4pm.

General admission is still only $8 (cash only), weekend passes are $12 (also cash only) and children UNDER 12 and Uniformed Peace Officers get in free!

Public parking is $5 per vehicle (it’s a city lot, so the promoters have no control over this).

Befriend Premier Gun Shows on Facebook and learn the secret word that gets you a dollar off entry posted before every show! Or you can join their email list and get a dollar off as well!

More information can be found here: Premier San Antonio Gun Show.

A group of us meet up for breakfast at 8am on Saturday not far from the show at Teran’s (4403 E Houston St). Feel free to join us if you’re interested!

Cheers! M2

I just got great news from the nice folks at Premier, parking for their San Antonio show is now FREE!!! Yep, FREE!

They bought out the parking at the Freeman for their shows, so no more spending five bucks to park! It's even more reason to go!

Cheers! M2

Just don't carry a lock-back knife; right?

I like visiting San Antonio but their local ordinances are going crazy. I wonder how much longer will they tolerate the gun business.

I like visiting San Antonio but their local ordinances are going crazy. I wonder how much longer will they tolerate the gun business.

I've yet to see anyone charged with that unless they had other, more serious charges against them.

I carry a locking blade knife all the time and have never had a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

Several of the city's gun ordinances are unenforceable due to the state's pre-emption law (GC §229.001); but there is nothing that says the city cannot have them. It's like the 30.06 sign at the entrance of the SA airport, being it's city property it cannot be enforced. Same for the 'no guns' signs in the city parks.

Cheers! M2

but there is nothing that says the city cannot have them. M2

This is the problem I see. Waisting everyone's time and effort on unenforceable laws. They can charge people then it us up to the person to fight it in court to get the charge thrown out. It wastes everyone's time and citizens money. It's crazy.

That's it. I won't drage this thread into a hijack debate. Let's all go to the show! I can't, wish I could. It would make a great day trip from P'ville.

I heard about that silly ordnance when I first moved here. I was out doing laundry one day and stepped out for a smoke. SAPD was rolling through the lot. I flagged him down and asked him about it. He spotted my Kershaw in my pocket and asked if it was a locking blade. I said yes, and he asked to see it. I was almost convinced he was going to take me to jail, but he was still sitting in the car. He opened the blade, looked at it, said "yep, you can't carry that", closed the blade, handed it back, then drove off. What I find odd about the ordinance is that if its used in the line of work, than everything it is okay.

Just a friendly reminder that the Original San Antonio Gun Show starts this coming Saturday, 14 December. The kind folks at Premier go to great lengths to put on an outstanding event, and it shows! I hope we get another good crowd, and I am sure everyone will have a great time! Hopefully we will see some folks from TWTex at breakfast and the show!

Cheers! M2

We went this morning and it was another great gun show! We had a nice crowd show up for breakfast which then proceeded to go to the show. It wasn’t too crowded but it seemed like a steady stream of people were showing up. There were a lot of good deals to be had as well, a friend found a Ruger SR1911 for $619, and another bought a miniature functioning cannon with powder and cannon balls for under fifty bucks. It was an excellent opportunity to get in some last-minute Christmas shopping, either for yourself or someone else!

Thanks again to the wonderful folks at Premier Gun Shows for the VIP treatment and all your efforts to put on the best gun show in the area! Additional thanks for the free parking, it was nice to be able to drive straight in without paying and using that money to buy things at the show!

I am already looking forward to the next show on March 22 & 23, 2014!

Cheers! M2

Back