• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Primo Extra Large Oval BBQ

Feeling the market a bit here....

I have a Primo XL Oval Model 778 ceramic cooker/smoker with rolling cart. I’ve had it 2 years and used it about 10 to 12 times. It is in very good condition, no cracks in shell or inner liner. Outer enamel has normal crazing.

Asking $700, price new with cart is about $1450.

Jody 9 4 O - 5 9 7 - I I 9 2

Liteitup

Forum Supporter
So this rolls around pretty easy? Like, I could keep it in my garage and roll it out to use easy? Is that even ok with ceramics?
Dimensions? Cooking and footprint.
How hot have you cooked on it?

It is heavy! However, it does roll very easy. Yes, you could do that easily unless you have to cross something like a raised threshold. It should be fine to roll out in and out of garage. I have rolled it around the tiled patio at my old house quite a bit with no issues. It is big enough to fit a very large turkey or two large chickens or a large brisket. I only had it up to 475, but it will get much hotter. It takes a little practice to learn how to setup the fire and maintain temp, but once you learn it will hold a steady temp for quite a while. It uses lump charcoal, not briquettes. A large bag will last probably 5 to 7 cooking sessions depending on what you are doing.

Take a look at this link. It has specs and the like. There are a ton of add-ons available. I didn't buy any of it as I didn't want this pit in the first place, it sas sort of forced on me. What you see is what you get. The outer ceramic pit, inner ceramic fire box, 2 piece split grate, and cart.