• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ProCycle in Bryan, TX

Rudy

Reaction score
Riding my Victory, I noticed I was having some weird handling issues during turns and with tar snakes in the road. Doing a visual inspection, I saw the tires were way out of date, the front tire was 8 years old and the rear tire was original to the bike at 15 years old. I knew I would need tires sooner rather than later as the bike sat for several years before it was given to me, but since the tread looked good and they held air fine, I didn't think anything of it. Obviously it was time for new tires!

Living in Brenham, we don't have much by way of motorcycle shops. We have a Yamaha dealership here that specializes in UTVs/ATVs, but they admitted while they could probably do it, they hadn't done any MC tires in a while. Yeah, hard pass. I contacted the Polaris dealer in Bryan, and well, I can say with certainty that they have zero interest in servicing a Victory or anything motorcycle related.

I had taken part of my MC class at ProCycle back in 2017, and figured I'd give them a call. The salesman, I can't remember his name though I believe it was Keith, answered all of my questions and gave me quotes on several different brands of tires, and gave me their cost for mounting and balancing motorcycle tires for tires purchased through them vs buying them online and bringing everything to them. He said they had a freshness guarantee on their tires as well.

I did a price comparison between online vs ordering them at the store, and found I could buy the tires a little cheaper online but it would be more to mount and balance as ProCycle charges extra for bringing in tires. I decided to go ahead and order the tires through ProCycle since they would guarantee they would be fresh, plus I figured if I had issues they would make it right as opposed to dealing with a faceless company and everything that entails.

Since ProCycle is about 45 minutes from me, I originally wanted to bring in my wheels, pay for the tires, and wait for the phone call to let me know the tires had been mounted and I could pick them up. The tech with ProCycle (I didn't catch his name), said if I just brought the wheels in, they would go ahead and order the tires, and I could pay for everything at once when they were ready. I had a hectic work schedule and ended up buying the tires, then bringing the wheels in to have them mounted and balanced. They called me when they were ready, and I went the next day to pick them up.

It was only $11 more getting the tires through ProCycle, but they are fresh. The front and rear both have DOT dates to December 2018. The rear tire did have to be ordered, but I figured that would be the case because it is something of an odd size. I liked that they were willing to order the tires without me paying if I brought the wheels in to save me a little money on taxes. They were prompt with keeping me informed, and I never felt like I had been forgotten about or I needed to call and remind them.

All in all, A+ from me. I'll do business again with them in the future, and so should you.

I've found that most of the dealers who decry how the internet is killing their business offer nothing of value beyond an internet retailer.

Good to hear of folks like this (and SLM locally to me) who stay busy by making customers for life.

Took my Valkyrie to this shop last week for fork seals. Original estimate was 3-4 day lead time, dropped it off on Tuesday, Ray called the next afternoon let me know it was ready for W/C. Great turn-around time, fair pricing, friendly service. Steve found a split vacuum hose, repaired it at no charge. Highly recommend this shop, and the fine folks who run it.

Back