• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Progressive International Motorcycle Shows

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
2021 shows will be held outdoors. Good luck with that. Some places may have great weather while others may be really cruddy; it's going to be a crapshoot for them. The Long Beach show is held the same weekend as the Bite The Wieenie RTE at Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood, and I know that more than 50% of those events have either been cold, wet, or both.

Due to COVID there'll be less manufacturers I bet. Oh wait, there already was less. It'll likely just be a bunch of vendors this year.

Welcome to the 2021 Progressive International Sunglass Cleaning Show

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Oh you had to get me started!!
If I ever go again I am bringing a stun gun and lightning up the first *** that grabs for my glasses!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang. Maybe not what it's been in the past, but I've been the last three years in a row and enjoy it. I always look forward to going, guess it will be weather dependent now.

Good point, but maybe they can set up big tents? I have always wanted to go to one of these shows.

What new cool bikes will be previewed? Which will go into production?

What new cool bikes will be previewed? Which will go into production?
Unless Covid gets cleaned up by then, you might not be seeing much of anything. When H-D doesn't even show up at Sturgis you know the other brands are going to be re-evaluating their need to be at these shows.

Unless Covid gets cleaned up by then, you might not be seeing much of anything. When H-D doesn't even show up at Sturgis you know the other brands are going to be re-evaluating their need to be at these shows.
Even more important to those manufacturers is whether or not they are willing to pay for a spot at the show with the potential severely reduced attendance. Look at how many have pulled out of the show in recent years, and that was before COVID!

There is no Texas stop on the 2021 schedule.

DENVER / June 18-20, 2021 / Loveland, CO
PENNSYLVANIA / September 10-12, 2021 / Carlisle, PA
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA / July 9-11, 2021 / Irvine, CA
NASHVILLE / October 8-10, 2021 / Lebanon, TN
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA / July 16-18, 2021 / Sonoma, CA
CENTRAL FLORIDA / October 15-17, 2021 / Lakeland, FL
CHICAGO / August 20-22, 2021 / Elgin, IL
ATLANTA / October 29-31, 2021 / Conyers, GA
NEW YORK CITY / September 3-5, 2021 / Brooklyn, CA

I wouldn’t miss it much. The show was overpriced and poor following.

I wouldn’t miss it much. The show was overpriced and poor following.
It will be interesting to see what both the vendor and spectator turn-out is like for the first few shows. A friend's daughter is on the team that puts these shows together, so I should be able to get an early look at what the vendor lineup is going to be.

I was a vender for many years. It was truly overpriced and poor showing here in Dallas. I’d prefer to spend my money in MotoGP at COTA.

It was never a spectacular event but at least it was a motorcycle event. These things are becoming more and more rare.

Kind of like the boat shows. They used to be really awesome and now it's just bass boats and pontoons and the same tired vendors

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was never a spectacular event but at least it was a motorcycle event. These things are becoming more and more rare.

Kind of like the boat shows. They used to be really awesome and now it's just bass boats and pontoons and the same tired vendors
Couldn't agree more. While it wasn't ever the most amazing show on Earth, it was certainly better than no show at all.

I've skipped the Dallas IMS for several years but went last year just to check it out. Worse than it had ever been. Most Euro brands are a no show. Even the ones that did show up didn't all bring a full lineup. If I lived near DFW, it might have been worth a short drive, but for me... definitely not worth a day-long road trip.

Now?! Forgettaboutit.

I've skipped the Dallas IMS for several years but went last year just to check it out. Worse than it had ever been. Most Euro brands are a no show. Even the ones that did show up didn't all bring a full lineup. If I lived near DFW, it might have been worth a short drive, but for me... definitely not worth a day-long road trip.

Now?! Forgettaboutit.
I've gone the last, I don't know, 7 or 8 years. Each year I tell myself that's the last time. I guess last year I meant it.

I've gone the last, I don't know, 7 or 8 years. Each year I tell myself that's the last time. I guess last year I meant it.

I haven’t been a regular attendee, but I’m usually gone every three years or so, the last time being two years ago. Each time I did the same thing...said it would be the last time.

It got to the point where so few manufacturers showed up you could see all the bikes in 20 minutes or so. The last time I went the only ones I remember having a decent presence were BMW and Indian (I went specifically to see the FTR 1200).

Now?! Forgettaboutit.
I don't go & it's 1 stop on the DART for me!

Exactly, I'm here in the Dallas area and it's not worth it for me to go. Can't imagine driving up from Houston or further for it.
Reality is actually worse...
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.32.41 AM.png

LOL... that's not much farther than where I'd parked and walked in.

Anyhow, I went with my son and got to see the brand new 2020 Ninja 1000SX in the flesh. I was bike shopping at the time and trying to decide whether I should wait for that or go with a leftover stock NOS '18 Ninja 1000. So I got a bit of an excuse to waste a day driving.

There is no Texas stop on the 2021 schedule.

DENVER / June 18-20, 2021 / Loveland, CO
PENNSYLVANIA / September 10-12, 2021 / Carlisle, PA
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA / July 9-11, 2021 / Irvine, CA
NASHVILLE / October 8-10, 2021 / Lebanon, TN
NORTHERN CALIFORNIA / July 16-18, 2021 / Sonoma, CA
CENTRAL FLORIDA / October 15-17, 2021 / Lakeland, FL
CHICAGO / August 20-22, 2021 / Elgin, IL
ATLANTA / October 29-31, 2021 / Conyers, GA
NEW YORK CITY / September 3-5, 2021 / Brooklyn, CA
Good. It won't tempt me to go and waste my money.

Back