• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Project GS500 - For the Wife

Reaction score
Picked up a 1993 GS500 on Craigslist yesterday. My wife has been wanting to learn to ride for a year or so now, and we finally had the cash in hand, so it just made sense. While it's in rough shape, it's not a total basket case, as it runs and rides, just needs to TLC to get back on the road. First step is a back tire, fork seals, and new handlebars. The rest is just cosmetic. I plan to go through everything, clean carbs, checking wheel bearings, brakes, etc, but so far it seem pretty solid. Hopefully the weather is good next weekend so she can take the motorcycle safety course. I hope to have the bike fully road ready in 2 weeks. The best part? 660 bucks!

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 175
Nice lookin' bike. :thumb: I wish I could convince my wife to learn to ride.

Btw, you might want to wash off the blood on the front fender before your wife takes it on the road. Then again, it might be a good warning for anyone wanting to cut her off. :lol2:

;-)

Nice lookin' bike. :thumb: I wish I could convince my wife to learn to ride.

Btw, you might want to wash off the blood on the front fender before your wife takes it on the road. Then again, it might be a good warning for anyone wanting to cut her off. :lol2:

;-)

Yeah I decided to run over a few small children on the way home! :rofl:

It's just some red spray paint, she hates the yellow so we are going to rattle-can it red for now.

Congrats on a great deal! I hope your wife really enjoys it :rider: I, too, have spouse-who-wants-to-ride envy ;-)

Well I finally got it all running and back together. I didn't take any pics of the process as I was too interested in just getting the thing back together. It's not like we haven't all seen enough pics of bikes torn apart, so I felt it wasn't really necessary. I have put almost 200 miles on the bike since finishing the build and it is riding great. The only downside now is that my wife is pregnant so she can't ride, so it is up for sale! I won't bother posting it here as I am 1200 miles away from TX on the east coast. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

LOOKS GR8! if you don't have to sell it, why not keep it? you did a beautiful job on it!

Looks much better white. Good job.:clap: I had one of those once upon a time. I think all they have changed is cosmetic in the last 20 years. Old technology that just works. Lots of info on them here http://gstwin.com/

Pull the fairing/body work off of this bike it it is the same.
DSC01451.jpg

LOOKS GR8! if you don't have to sell it, why not keep it? you did a beautiful job on it!

I'm selling it for 3 reasons.

1. My wife can't ride it, and I just don't feel like taking care of 2 bikes if I am the only one riding. If I am going to have 2 bikes, the other one will be a dirtbike.
3. I just don't care to ride this bike, I enjoy my Shadow much more. If I were to get a standard/sport style bike, I would get a VFR.
2. I need MOD MONEY for my newest acquisition - A 1999 4 Runner with 341k miles.

IMG_9437.jpg

Back