• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1601427047997.png

This would be my concern. It wont stay New Braunfels for very long, if it even still is. Just like how Houston engulfed the cities around it and they no longer have their own identity.

They moved back to Austin, really enjoyed it when they were in the old dealership building downtown
Forgot they merged the two locations. It has been a long while since I visited them.

Still, the Austin shop is only an hour from NB. 35min if Jarrett buys an RSV4 or Tuono from them. :trust:

I didn't realize they were in NB at some point.
Yea, they moved from Round Rock to NB and were here for years in an old Dealership building downtown was lots of fun hanging with Ed and Micah when they were 5 minutes from the house then they opened the downtown Austin store for a couple of years then moved into the current building in North Austin. Bonus is now TJs KTM & Husky are about 1 block down from AF1 on the same side of the road so that section of I35 service road is motorcycle heaven for me

Pros...
Decent riding close by (Hill Country)
Milder Winters
Less traffic than DFW (although probably similar to Waxahachie)
Less chance of crashing while following Steve.
Good music and arts in Austin

Cons
Great riding further away (Arkansas or Colorado)
Hotter Summers
More Expensive
Deer strikes

Pro or Con depending on perspective...
Closer to Austin and it's progressive politics and culture.

Yeah, I need to scope out where to go to get my bikes serviced when needed.

Are the dealers in NB any good?
Woods Cycle Country is great, I use them for parts, I still do all my own service they will match internet pricing once they realize you will be a loyal customer. I have a good enough relationship with them they keep a card on file for me I just email what I want to the parts manager and he calls, texts or emails when my stuff arrives

Yea, they moved from Round Rock to NB and were here for years in an old Dealership building downtown was lots of fun hanging with Ed and Micah when they were 5 minutes from the house then they opened the downtown Austin store for a couple of years then moved into the current building in North Austin. Bonus is now TJs KTM & Husky are about 1 block down from AF1 on the same side of the road so that section of I35 service road is motorcycle heaven for me

And Ride Now Austin is on the other side 3 min away.

I was in New Braunfels today, it was so nice I swung by and picked up the Texas tag y'all were ignoring over at the snitzen gruben place.
and took river road back west on my way back north.

Back