• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Question for the Texians here...

Reaction score
I want to ride somewhere to get a good photo of me (and preferably the Beemer) amidst the bluebonnets. I know places like Ennis are pretty infamous for their bluebonnet spread, but I'm not sure how crowded of a place somewhere like that would be (or if there's even a spot where I could feasibly sneak the bike into the photo).

Any ideas? :)

Hop on your bike and just ride, bound to find a pretty patch somewhere.

Texians?

There is typically a nice field of bluebonnets at Dinosaur Valley State Park near Glen Rose.
There are fields before you get to the entrance of the park.
However, it's been a relatively dry spring in this part of the world.

No starbucks in Glen Rose, though.

I just drove up through East Texas from Huntsville through Groveton, Lufkin, Nacogdoches, all the way up to Texarkana. Even along the major highways there were tons of flowers and trees blooming. Blue bonnets, Indian Paint Brushes, Wisteria, Dogwood trees, and much more were all over the place.

The name for the original residents of the state during its Republic era (1836). :D

There is typically a nice field of bluebonnets at Dinosaur Valley State Park near Glen Rose.
There are fields before you get to the entrance of the park.
However, it's been a relatively dry spring in this part of the world.

No starbucks in Glen Rose, though.

How's the Loco Coyote?

The name for the original residents of the state during its Republic era (1836). :D

How's the Loco Coyote?

Oh ... Im a native, but not that old ... yet.

Never eaten at LC ...

Prefer Hammonds BBQ or a burger at the Green Pickle or really good Chinese at the Wok.
Then chase it with pie from the Peddler.

But, you MUST eat at Jasper's in Bluff Dale.
I highly recommend a Doc Holiday.

Gotta eat and experience loco coyote. Good food , just don’t be too n a hurry if it’s crowded. I like the brisket tacos.

I was talking about that original lone star blue flag the other day from early republic period and wondered , why it's called the lone star State. Believe that flag was 1836-39

It looks like you are listed as DFW, if you go west on 380 to Decatur across from the Shell station there is a large patch on the embankment. If you want there are several patches on US287 between Sunset and Bowie. (Second Exit).

Don't know of any place near you, but out around Navasota to Brenham have a lot of Bluebonnets, several areas to pull over and take pics.
A bit of a drive for you though.

Willow City Loop north of Fredericksburg.

Second on the Willow City loop. There are normally some good patches in Marble Falls and off 16 Between Cherokee and Llano. Loco Coyote is good. We have had several gatherings there. A good amount of motorcycles there on weekends.

I want to ride somewhere to get a good photo of me (and preferably the Beemer) amidst the bluebonnets. I know places like Ennis are pretty infamous for their bluebonnet spread, but I'm not sure how crowded of a place somewhere like that would be (or if there's even a spot where I could feasibly sneak the bike into the photo).

Any ideas? :)

Those Stomp Bonnets are all over Fayette County right now. (They grow all over my driveway and the wife won't let anybody stomp on them.)

Up on Texas history? If so you've read this: Texian Iliad: A Military History of the Texas Revolution

Ennis has great bluebonnet viewing, but practically everything is behind fences, so you can't park in the middle of a field. There will be plenty of strips, maybe 6' wide between the blacktop and the fence, where you can sidle a bike into the mix for a picture. If you go on the weekend, it's pretty crowded. If you can go midweek, you'll pretty much have the place to yourself. Even on weekdays, go early to avoid vanloads of nice little blue haired ladies from nearby retirement homes.

There are some other places somewhat nearby, across the south side of the Plex. Some suggestions:
  • Along I-20, across Duncanville/Desoto/S Dallas. The bluebonnets are pretty thick there. But there's obviously a lot of traffic along I-20, and you might attract unwanted attention from local cops who don't want you off the pavement.
  • Mountain Creek Parkway, near DFW National Cemetery and Mountain Creek Lake, usually has some good areas. They're easily accessible to your bike.
  • Southbound Spur 408 has a nice little field on the right (west) side of the road, just before you get to I-20. I've driven a car off into that area & snapped pictures without getting negative attention.
All these areas are within 10 or so minutes with each other.

Here's an Ennis picture from 2015. This particular area has a berm fully 12' wide along the wooden fence. Easy to pull up there for a picture. Be sure to carry something to put under your kickstand.

40552526843_d446dd3561_k.jpg
2015-0410 - Ennis bluebonnets (23) by Tim Shelfer, on Flickr

Back