• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quick beat the rain dirt loop.

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

And I stayed dry!

What roads are those? They do not look familiar to me.

From 945 to Point Blank, not sure of name

Okay, now I recall. I don't go through there very often if I am on the 1200. I save that one for the KTM ;-) Wilderness Road. It is basically a deer lease access road. I don't think it gets maintained very often.

No but it's been better lately, they started selling tracks of land. So now it'll probably be maintained better, unfortunately. Sometimes you can't get a big bike through, period. I go down it quite often. I mean it's pretty long and rough shape and don't hardly ever see a vehicle.

Countdown to pavement...:(

Around here, pavement isn't as prevalent as it is in places around the big cities. Walker county is a relatively poor county and it shows in their road maintenance. The once paved road in front of our office is about to become a dirt road again because the maintenance has been so poor. All the rain this winter hasn't helped at all. Their idea of "fixing" the road is to spray oil and loose gravel over the bad spots, letting the vehicles pack it down. The end result over time is a really crappy road that deteriorates even quicker in wet weather. Unfortunately, they did the exact same kind of road in my neighborhood and the road surface is really starting to come apart just everywhere. The day they redid the entire road with a new surface, you could already see EXACTLY where every pot hole was going to form and where the pavement would crumble. Sure enough... they formed right where I thought they would because they did such a poor job of prepping the road bed and the "paving" with oil and rocks.

Around here, pavement isn't as prevalent as it is in places around the big cities. Walker county is a relatively poor county and it shows in their road maintenance. The once paved road in front of our office is about to become a dirt road again because the maintenance has been so poor. All the rain this winter hasn't helped at all. Their idea of "fixing" the road is to spray oil and loose gravel over the bad spots, letting the vehicles pack it down. The end result over time is a really crappy road that deteriorates even quicker in wet weather. Unfortunately, they did the exact same kind of road in my neighborhood and the road surface is really starting to come apart just everywhere. The day they redid the entire road with a new surface, you could already see EXACTLY where every pot hole was going to form and where the pavement would crumble. Sure enough... they formed right where I thought they would because they did such a poor job of prepping the road bed and the "paving" with oil and rocks.
I call it pot hole memory because it's not disrupted but rather just filled and waiting to break free again in the same place. And of course one pothole begats another.

Back