• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quick overnight to the Queen

Yeeha! Stephen

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
The rain moved out of DFW and I thought I wanted to make a run to East Texas. Weatherman said rain and humidity for the next few days down there. Same weatherman said "pleasant" in North Texas and Oklahoma. Looked like an excape to the 80 degree weather at the Queen Wilhelmina and the scenic drive was in order. Zoot!
Ran up on Wednesday and home on Thursday, and found low to mid 80's along the way and 70's up on the Rich Mountain. (in the 60's when we loaded up to come home Thur)
Stopped at Arby's in Broken Bow, grabbed some take-out and when to the park for a distancing lunch.
Got to the Queen's lodge and practically had the place to ourselves. Check those photos and tell me when was the last time you saw the lodge parking lot empty!
Awesome day on the Scenic Trail.... only saw one car that was parked at one of the scenic turnouts, and one State Park utility 4-wheel side-by-side on the road the whole afternoon.
Ate at at the lodge with only one other couple in attendance for dinner that night. The Virus is spooking everybody I guess.
Home Thursday with no accidents, no performance awards, and no trouble at all. Glad we took that little break from DFW's 90's!

Attachments

• Mena 4.jpg
    Mena 4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 177
  • Mena 1.jpg
    Mena 1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Mena 2.jpg
    Mena 2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Mena 3.jpg
    Mena 3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Mena 8.jpg
    Mena 8.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 184
  • Mena 9.jpg
    Mena 9.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 186
  • Mena 10.jpg
    Mena 10.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Mena 7.jpg
    Mena 7.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Mena 6.jpg
    Mena 6.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 179
Nice. My brother and I were riding back from MN in August of last year and decided to stay there on a Sunday night instead of hoofing back to DFW. Like you, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Had a really nice dinner in the lodge's restaurant, then sat on the benches shown in your 3rd pic as the sun went down. We still talk about that evening.

Back