• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Quiet Lurkers...

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab I was just noticing that we recently passed 250 members. I am curious why so many of our lurking members never post any kind of introduction or include at least the town where they live? :? Any ideas? I don't have a problem with them doing this, just curious. :wink:

Maybe they are afraid of the dreaded newbie status. Fear not for I have been one since March.Maybe I will pony up some cash to rid myself of the newbie status.What is that address again Tourmeister ?

I must admit I do have some "lurker status". I have introduced myself but that is my ONE and ONLY post. I guess I better start joining in on the FUN!!

Howdy,

:tab The "newbie" tag is related to the number of posts. Perhaps I should make the first tag "Lurker" instead of "Newbie" ;-) Donating to the board gets the tag "Forum Supporter" and then the number of posts you have made become irrelevant.

:tab You can either donate via PayPal or by mailing payment. All the donation info can be found by following the Donation link from the home page of this site.

Sorry, it's just the busy season at work. Come winter, you will most likely have to ask me to STOP posting! I may be a lurker while it's warm, but come more free time, and cooler temps, I revert back to the post ho that I am!
TR
El Centro CA
(soon to be Central TX)

Lurking

I'm a (gulp) newbie and I'm afraid..!!!!! Very afraid.....!!!!!!!

Also a total lack of "social" skills.........!!!! Maybe 'cause in my job I provide "Software Technical Support" by phone, e-mail & Web publishing at the end of the day I'm really tired of "dealing" with people/society :shock:

So, much safe to just read and learn....!!!!!!!

Robert a.k.a. Itztli

P.S.

I'm a "regular" at HoustonSportbikeNetwork.com & zr-7forums.com

Live in Katy, TX and work in Houston (Galleria Area) for Software Development Company.

lurking is fun

Seems the older I get the less I have to say. I live off 1488 about 1/2 mile east of 149. Like to ride north. Always have sportbike(can't live without it),just sold hardley(had to try it once,have some funny stories about harley riding with workmates). Plan on catching you guys on a planned ride or bike night at Kings. Takes me approx. 15 to 20 minutes to get to Kings. kc

Howdy,

:tab Hey Keith, on any given Saturday or Sunday morning, you will usually find a decent crowd of riders at King's having breakfast. All sorts of bikes are there. The Texaco on the corner there at 105/149 is also a great place to hook up with people. I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have met at both places. :mrgreen:

:tab Man, I had no idea this troll for responses would be so sucessful :-D Nice to see some people coming out of the woodwork and speaking up! Community comes from interaction. We can have a thousand users but if only the same five always post, there won't be much sense of community. Of course, getting you folks to come out and ride would also help :P

Tourmeister said:
The Texaco on the corner there at 105/149 is also a great place to hook up with people. I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have met at both places. :mrgreen:

Scott's not lying there! I met Scott and Beth while filling up the tank on my Interceptor 500 on Easter weekend a few years ago. They were across the street and Scott decided to whip around and make an introduction. His enthusiasm is contagious. :wink:

Back