• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ranch House Resteraunt, Cool Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Halstead
I know the menu is larger than the 500 x 500 acceptable format, but it would be difficult to read if any smaller, I thought a menu to go with the review would be nice,;-)

Menu-1.jpg

Burger...very tasty....fresh veggies , buttered and toasted bun, and onion rings are not cut until you place your order!
ranchresteraunt005.jpg

Pies were applenty, and made fresh daily from scratch, and pretty darn good!
ranchresteraunt006.jpg

These small pics are from the camera phone, sorry, it was lunch and I left the camera at the rig, so I made a HUGE sacrifice, and went back for dinner, just because I love you all soooo much.......

Lunch with friend Mr. Mike Bostic, " Hi Scott!"
MikeBostic.jpg

Ummm......Coconut Chess Pie!!!!
pie.jpg

CARNAGE!!!
Carnage.jpg

The front porch, with nearby bike parking!
ranchresteraunt008.jpg

ranchresteraunt012.jpg

And Just for OldBMW!

The OLD restroom......
ranchresteraunt011.jpg

The New air conditioned , but still outside? Outhouses, with fancy running water....
ranchresteraunt009.jpg

The Resteraunt is located in Cool Texas on 113, you cannot miss it, good routes are available from Cleburne/Burleson 151 to tin top rd, to 20 west for a few miles, exit 113, head north, look to your left when you reach the city limits of Cool....

Make sure you read the Days, and hours of oporation before you head out.

Service, exceptional, the glass never emptied, sweet tea is fresh, gets dumped after lunch, made fresh for dinner. Lots of smiles, and everyone in the resteraunt takes good care of you.

Food....Well above average chicken fried steaks are tenderized from 8 oz strip steaks, by hand in the kitchen. Dinner portion is 16 ounces....better be hungry!

Atmosphere......good country surroundings, the A/C was under full load, but I was not uncomfortable, and I sweat easily.

The owner did ask to be called a day or two in advance if a pie run was coming. I liked it enough to go twice in the same day!

Last edited:
Looks like you went through a lot of pain there Jason ;)

thanks for doing the research nobody wanted to do :clap:

Seating for 40 or so I thinks, 3 dining rooms and the outside seating....maybe more like 50-60.

tx-vfr said:
Looks like you went through a lot of pain there Jason ;)

thanks for doing the research nobody wanted to do :clap:

My small sacrifice for the good of the group:trust: :rofl:

Back