• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RD 350 100% original 1974

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Melseth
Been in storage for years, motor turns and everything original. Was planning on restoring it but due to injury I am not able to ride for a very long time so someone should be able to enjoy this possible beauty.

$1250 should be a fair TWTEX price

Last edited by a moderator:
Was planning on restoring it but due to injury I am not able to ride for a very long time so someone should be able to enjoy this possible beauty

You should let the guru (if you are able to find him) of these old gems take a wack at resoring it for you. That way you’ll have all the time needed to admire it as it sits prestine in your living room.

Guru = Billy Wiese of WRW Racing located in Florence TX.

Billy is also the very guru who expertly & completely restored my 1982 YZ250J.

Been in storage for years, motor turns and everything original. Was planning on restoring it but due to injury I am not able to ride for a very long time so someone should be able to enjoy this possible beauty.

$1250 should be a fair TWTEX price

Dang. Hate to hear that. I hope it gets better :zen:

Last edited:
You should let the guru (if you are able to find him) of these old gems take a wack at resoring it for you. That way you’ll have all the time needed to admire it as it sits prestine in your living room.

Guru = Billy Wiese of WRW Racing located in Florence TX.

Billy is also the very guru who expertly & completely restored my 1982 YZ250J.

Now that's a name I haven't heard since the mid 1970's. When I was racing MX back then I went to his familys shop on Jefferson Blvd in Oak Cliff (Big D Yamaha). Willie his dad owned the place, Billie wrenched and his brother Charlie raced 250 Int. I'm sure their dad is deceased by now but always wondered what happened to Billy and Charles.

Craig

Billy's still around. A few years ago, he built the engine that propelled Scott McDermott to a Bonneville Salt Flats speed record for 100cc two stroke in his class. Right at 100 MPH. They beat the record previously held by a Boing aeronautical engineer.

Back