• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RDL saddle for '07 Bandit 1250s

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Looking for one forsale... If i order it new theres a 4 month backlog..already..so if y'all have one or know someone who does...just give me a holler...:mrgreen:

You should reconsider buying a used Russell as they are made to fit you . That is why they ask for pictures in riding position / feet down , and your weight / measurements .

I have a RDL on my Hayabusa ,and also know a person who also has a RDL that he does not like . He purchased the bike with the seat so it was not set up for him .

Now they can adjust a existing seat , but it still puts you in the line of people .
I would call , and speak with Jay about that option . A airhawk gave me enough comfort till my seat was done last year in July . Zero complaints about their product / craftsmanship . Many 600 miles days , and 13 plus hours in the RDL seat .

Also consider leather over vinyl if you like to wear blue jeans as leather breathes = no monkey butt . Its a added $$$ option of 100 bucks usually , and more on a BIG seat . I ordered in leather and it makes me :rider:

You should reconsider buying a used Russell as they are made to fit you . That is why they ask for pictures in riding position / feet down , and your weight / measurements .

I have a RDL on my Hayabusa ,and also know a person who also has a RDL that he does not like . He purchased the bike with the seat so it was not set up for him .

Now they can adjust a existing seat , but it still puts you in the line of people .
I would call , and speak with Jay about that option . A airhawk gave me enough comfort till my seat was done last year in July . Zero complaints about their product / craftsmanship . Many 600 miles days , and 13 plus hours in the RDL seat .

Also consider leather over vinyl if you like to wear blue jeans as leather breathes = no monkey butt . Its a added $$$ option of 100 bucks usually , and more on a BIG seat . I ordered in leather and it makes me :rider:
I have tried the Airhawk..it sucked...couldnt find a happy medium with it amd it felt like i was sitting on rollers..did not like it at all...I am looking at a used RDL right now on CL...The person who is selling is similar physically to myself so the ergos will work...I have had experience with another used RDL on a different bike and it too was similar in ergos to me..it was wonderful..Last resort is to buy new...I have the RDL website so i know their process..The advantage of buying one used is that i can retain the original seat and there is minimal downtime waiting for it to arrive..and save some $$$ too...
Thankyou all for you comments :thumb:

Last edited:
Well for the rest of you all..I got the seat that Blue Bandit gave me a heads up to....Thankyou Blue Bandit..Its just what the Dr ordered..and has saved the day bigtime...cause if this didnt work it was gonna be bye bye Bandit...:rider::rider::rider:
20180508_114744.jpg

Last edited:
Back