• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recently moved back to Texas

Reaction score
Hello all,

Name’s Devin. Grew up in Alvin, Tx. Got my first bike when I was 13, a 1979 Honda XL185S that me and my step-dad got from a neighbor and restored. Had that bike for a few years before a tree fell on the garage it was in during hurricane Ike. Bent the sub frame pretty bad but it still ran. Ended up selling it to a scrap yard before I left for Navy boot camp in 2011. Bought my first new bike in 2013, a 2014 Honda CRF250L. Did everything on that bike; trail riding, commuting, dual sporting, moto camping. Couple years later after I PCS’d to San Diego, CA I bought a second bike, a 2015 KTM 300xcw. Got into enduro and desert racing. Raced AMA district 38 mostly but did some district 37 races too and a few races in Mexico. Also got a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure that I’ve done some trips on.

Sold the Honda before I moved backed to Texas but I still have the KTM’s. Looking forward to riding and meeting some new riding buddies. Probably going to be mostly riding at Sam Houston and I’d like to check out this Cheeseburger loop I’ve read so much about soon as I have time to ride again. Would like to get in on the Texas enduro racing scene as well at some point.

Cheers!

C5448D02-D8E1-44C5-95A7-9B2B325C3D5E.jpeg

60A2A921-6581-496F-A0A8-7317839638CB.jpeg

Bought a house in Mont Belvieu. I think that counts as east Texas right? I could be mistaken, I've never been good with directions
I'll be there Tuesday through Saturday at the school district doing service work . Have kids ? Best School district I have worked on in over 20 years

I'll be there Tuesday through Saturday at the school district doing service work . Have kids ? Best School district I have worked on in over 20 years

Mont Belvieu? A good school district? If that’s true, boy, things have sure changed. And I’m glad to hear it!

Welcome, I'm a regular on the dirt roads and trails in SHNF.

Welcome

Mont Belvieu has been blowing up. The Mega HEB opened a few years ago, schools are stellar, 1/2 Texas 1/2 LA …. What more could you ask for.

Watch for our off road rides posted here and on the Meetup.org site Old Dudes on Dirt Bikes.

Last edited:

Yessir, the wife and I looked into the school district there and it was one of the major factors affecting our decision to move there. Have heard very good things about it so far.

Back