• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommendations for Classic Coke Machine Repair

erd

Reaction score
I have a 1961 Westinghouse Dial-O-Vend bottle coke machine. It was working when I got it, I kept it up pretty well until the compressor died. The last guy to replace the compressor jammed up the vending arm and it fried the arm motor, otherwise it cools just fine. I’d like to get it fixed and put back into service in my game room.

Anyone have a recommendation or wants to take a stab at fixing it? I have a trailer and could transport it to the repair place.

TIA,

EagleRider

a89dd389794ac364d4ce906e2ed1a6dc.jpg

i have no idea. would be neat if you could have it retro-modded like the car scene. preserve the look but have new modern energy saving components.

It has the R134 compressor already. I’ve modified the mechanism so that it could also bend 12 oz cans.

You may find someplace to rewind motor, if it is not available. I presume its 120 volt. In Austin I would take it to Hamilton Electric, they may mess with it. Install a klixon overload on new motor. Get some food grade grease for kitchen equipment and get it actuating sooth. Good Luck.

I have a starter shop that could rewind the motor. I’m just not into taking the entire mechanism apart and fixing it.

Take picture from every angle Tag all the wires and screws etc. Use permanent markers to mark position of anything you pull off. I bet you can do it. What about gutting it and hinging the door and making a shop storage cabinet. I just rebuilt my zero turn mower and never would have got linkages back if not for pictures,

Rick Harrison has a "buddy" who can fix it for you.
:duck:

But seriously, I'd ask at the local Coke distributor. "They" used to own all those machines and probably know someone who used to keep 'em running.

Back