• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommendations for small moto service shop or independent mechanic in DFW area

Reaction score
Hello TWT community. I'm considering an engine mod to my DRZ400S which is fairly extensive and way beyond my capability- installing Wide Ratio Gearing. Wondering if any of you have any recommendations for a shop or person in DFW that I might contact to see if they work on DRZ's like this. I possibly have a contact in the Killeen area, but I'm waiting to hear back. I would consider outside the area provided its not too far away. Much appreciated. đź‘Ť

Maybe Frank at Monkey Wrench Cycle in E. FtW. Give him a call. He has worked on most of my bikes but nothing major like your DRZ. He was breaking down a tranny on a Nomad one time when i was there so I am sure he is capable.

Maybe Frank at Monkey Wrench Cycle in E. FtW. Give him a call. He has worked on most of my bikes but nothing major like your DRZ. He was breaking down a tranny on a Nomad one time when i was there so I am sure he is capable.
Thanks. I've heard of shop and will check it out.

Seconded. He figured out my strange brake issue on my DRZ.

Frank took apart my Buell and fixed fixed it. Harley decided to remove the trap door to the tranny, so if anything goes wrong in the trans, you got to split the case to get to it. Basically a rebuild of the motor and transmission.

Oh another thumbs up for Frank

Back