• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Redneck Ramble

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
I attended the Redneck Ramble over the weekend. I was told there was a total of 150 riders in attendance. I saw at least 100.

I didn't see a thread about it so I am starting one. Anyhow. I did make a some GoPro videos and I am offloading those onto the computer now to look at them. I did the Single Rider track on Saturday which is a little too narrow and advanced for the larger dual sport bikes. Got all the way through it till about 1000 ft from the finish and skidded in a deep rut. Dusted myself off and go up, only to find my shifter peg bent into a U shape backwards and lodged under the foot peg. Went to take a photo, and my phone was also bent into a U shape also.

Anyhow, thanks to Craig, one of the event organizers who has a welding shop in town. He straitened my shift lever out and I kept on chugging along. All in all, it was a good ride. I will be posting pics and videos soon.

I want to thank Robert Lee for organizing the event, and I will be attending again.

The BBQ saturday evening was fantastic, weather was brilliant Sunday, just needed a bit more mud and less dust!! Another brilliant Redneck, well done Robert!! We owe you so much for organizing these events!! Met a load of great people and should not forget to call out David who sat around all day sunday with his truck and trailer to collect anyone that broke down!! Many thanks David, fortunately I didn't need your help, but it was great to know it was available!!

Gary

Last edited:
I attended the Redneck Ramble over the weekend. I was told there was a total of 150 riders in attendance. I saw at least 100.

I didn't see a thread about it so I am starting one. Anyhow. I did make a some GoPro videos and I am offloading those onto the computer now to look at them. I did the Single Rider track on Saturday which is a little too narrow and advanced for the larger dual sport bikes. Got all the way through it till about 1000 ft from the finish and skidded in a deep rut. Dusted myself off and go up, only to find my shifter peg bent into a U shape backwards and lodged under the foot peg. Went to take a photo, and my phone was also bent into a U shape also.

Anyhow, thanks to Craig, one of the event organizers who has a welding shop in town. He straitened my shift lever out and I kept on chugging along. All in all, it was a good ride. I will be posting pics and videos soon.

I want to thank Robert Lee for organizing the event, and I will be attending again.

Glad to hear all is ok..... looking forward to the pics/video...

Interesting name for a ride?

Thanks to the organizers, volunteers and sponsors for making this another successful and fun event!

Ok, I made a short 4 minute video out of about an hour of GO-PRO footage. I did this on my junky work computer so the titles for some reason didn't render all that well but it gets the job done. The entire ride was all white limestone roads, so the only footage chopped out was the stops are convenience stores. You seen one white limestone gravel road, you've seen them all. I would say we averaged about 45 to 50 mph on the straight aways. There was almost no mud or water anywhere.

One thing I learned real quick. I had my tire pressure at about 28lbs per tire and it was very sloshy and squirrelly on the gravel. Lowering the PSI to 20psi both tires made a big difference removing allot of the sloshing around.

Here is the link.

There was some muddy sections , but it was 1" deep mud mixed with gravel. I did slip a little going over it, but there wasn't that much. The video is pretty much 90% of everything we rode. Now I was in the NOVICE group and the team leader did say there was a muddy spot we were going to go around.

Looks like it was a fun ride!! Does anyone have the route or tracks they could share?

Back