• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reflected Light

First Name
Larry
The last TWT Contest was Reflected Light. Although I entered a photo, I have been constantly watching for opportunities for other Reflected Light Photos.

While in Downtown Dallas yesterday, I noticed the late afternoon sun reflected off a building, lighting up the shadow side of a building. To get the 180 degrees of view (light reflected) I used my Fisheye lens, which created a really distorted composition. The buildings look curved as the lens is pointed up.

What I like is the play of light, shadows going in different directions, the Sunstars off the building and car and the interesting shapes.

Tell me what you think?

M38A1

Admin
First Name
Scott
I'm thinking 'how did I miss this first time around'? lol....

Eyes typically move to the brightest part of an image first, thus the bright on the wall, then the light at the top of the tower. That's where MY eyes went first, so the super-wide fishy didn't really have that great of an effect on my perception of the wall being so curved. In fact, I'm kind of digging the fishy effect and the white SUV with it's reflected light in the windshield.

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
I like it. My eye went to the sun reflection upper left. Good use of the fisheye.

First Name
Larry
Thanks guys.

I really like the Fisheye and I experiment with it often. Sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't.

I reposted this on Facebook and got alot of positive responses. It is an unusual photo, but eye-catching.

Thanks again,