• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Regular Bike Nights and Rides

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Howdy,

:tab This post will be a list of all the regular repeating bike nights, rides, and other events that take place in all the various towns and locations around Texas. "Repeating" in the sense that they are at the same time and place every time. For rides, it would be something like a weekly meet at the Starbucks at a certain time, not necessarily the same route ridden everytime. These are not necessarily TWT events but there are likely to be a good number of TWT members there.

:tab If you want to see an event listed in this post, put the info in a reply to this post and I will put it here. Please be sure to include all the important info like WHEN and WHERE!

[size=+1]GREATER AUSTIN AREA[/size]

Moto Guzzi Riders Austin
2nd Monday of the Month
Opal Divines Marina Mopac & Parmer
6:30 - ?

Wimberley Valley Bike Night
Last Wed of ea month, with extended versions every Wed evening
Meet at Shady Oaks RV Resort (cafe, bar, deck, plenty of paved parking) on RR 2325, just 2 mi W past the Fischer Store Rd cutoff.
Meet time is at 6ish
Call Tom at (512) 921-0377 for more info.

----------------------

Every Thursday, Central texas Harley Davidson sponser bike night
$2 domestic beers live music, no cover free raffles for HD logo products, and if the weather is nice expect 2-300 bikes in the lot.

[size=+1]GREATER HOUSTON AREA[/size]

Phil's Restaurant
Montgomery, Tx.
Weekly every Thursday 7-9pm.
Phil's is one block South of Hwy 105 on FM 149.

----------------------

PO's Burgers and Beer
12710 Telge
281-373-1590

Date: Every Tuesday
Time: 7:00pm to ???
Restuarant closes around 900
Outside porch is open until we leave

Directions: US 290 to Telge which is past Beltway 8 and 1960/6.
Turn right on Telge and travel approximate 2 miles. PO's will be on the right in the middle of the bend.

-----------------------
South Shore Beer Garden
930 Marina Bay Dr
Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565-2513
(281) 334-6378

Date: Every Wednesday
Time: 6:30-9:00pm

MAP

[size=+1]GREATER DFW METROMESS AREA[/size]

Blue Hanger Cafe
Northwest Regional Airport every Saturday for breakfast and to assess the world and local situation.
www.Bluehangarcafe.com
They are located off FM 1171 between 35W and State hwy 377. The address is Roanoke, but it may be closer to Northlake.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48390

North Dallas Meet and Greet
DFW area meet and greet for coffee, ride planning and story telling.
Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Stores
1428 Independence Pkwy, Plano - (972) 596-1404
SE corner of Independence and 15th Street/Main Street/FM544
Every Thursday from 7:30 PM until whenever we call it quits.

----------------------
Breakfast meet in Luella, Tx.
2nd Sunday of each Month
7:30 am till whenever
BG's Grill in Luella, TX 903-870-5048

[size=+1]Bryan / College Station[/size]

TAMU Motorcycle Club (Unofficial for now...)
Freebirds World Burrito on Texas Ave.
Every Wednesday at 7:00pm

---------------------------
[SIZE=+1]Northeast Texas[/SIZE]

Northeast Texas Rider Meet and Greet

For all current info on meets, go here.

If you have any questions, send a private message to terrebandit.

-----------------------
Longview Tx.
Bike Night at the Butcher Shop
Second Tuesday 6:30pm
CMA members meet there all welcome

Last edited:
Please post an announcement of a regular breakfast get-together that I have Whitewright, TX. It is a very informal get-together in an off-beat location so you can get out and enjoy the roads, and also, some fellow enthusiasts. It starts at 10:00 am on the third Sunday of every month. Bring your friends or meet them there. It's a nice opportunty to sit around the round table and share ride experiences. There are many roads to explore both coming and going. The webpage will demonstrate some examples.
http://www.bogriffinrides.com/html/Whitewright.htm

Last edited:
Sleepy Weasel said:
STrider said:
Austin and "Regular"? Is that like low-carb pie? Jumbo shrimp?
Are you saying Austinites need to eat more fiber?
PLEASE NO!!!!! :eek:
While the legislature is in session we have plenty of people full of **** and slinging it around here.

We had our first one last night, I will be there next week and the week after that. Hopefully the start of a "regular" (non-metamucil) meet.

*** In order to stay on-topic ***

Austin weekly meet - Tuesday night - beginning at 6:00pm (or show up when you can) at the EZ's location at 3918 N. Lamar.

**** UPDATE 2/26/2006 ****
We are now rotating bi-weekly between the Rudy's BBQ location on 620 north of 2222 and Genuine Joe Coffeehouse on Anderson Lane between Lamar and Burnet. The next meeting will be March 7 at Genuine Joe. Check the Calender link for the latest info.

Last edited:
Central Texas Bike Nights at the Iron Horse

Iron Horse bar and Grill
12164 mopac exprw
austin texas 78758
512-490-bike

Every thursday, Central texas Harley davidson sponser bike night
$2 domestic beers live music, no cover free raffles for HD logo products, and if the weather is nice expect 2-300 bikes in the lot.

www.ironhorsebarandgrill.com

In North Austin. Usually every Thursday night.
It is a sportbike night, but all are welcome of course. It is sponsored by Woods Fun Center. You can call them for any questions i guess.
Hooter's on N. 183 northbound service road between Andersonmill and Lake Creek PKWY, at 7pm.

Just a heads-up on the post above.

I read over on the Cycle Forums Texas Section where the Hooters Sportbike Night on Thursdays in Austin is over. It seems Woods is moving it and combining it into more of a "Metric" Bike Night starting March 10 at Antonio's on I-35 & 183 according to a post on there who I think was the organizer of these events. It will be the same night as the CTXHD night at the Iron Horse.

D

DucGirl

I figured I'd see if this could be posted as well.

Every wednesday night at about 7pm, the TAMUMC meets at the Freebirds on Texas in College Station. We will be meeting this week to work on the requirements from the university.

I say TAMUMC, but we aren't official yet. We are in the process of getting the rest of the requirements done for the univeristy.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Doh! My bad :oops: Missed the "Texas" part hehe. I always thought of that as just Business 6 and not as Texas Ave. I'ma badddd Aggie...

Got a street address or website?

Adios,

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab Steve "eL Donut" Duncan was trying to get a regular meet going on the Northwest side up off I-35. Don't know that it ever hit regular status though. You can always try organzing one yourself ;-) Has worked for several other folks here!

Adios,

From the CTHarley website:

Note the move from the Iron Horse back to the original location which was Jack's Backyard and is now JR's on the Northbound frontage of I-35 just north of 290/Koenig

BIKE NIGHT

Central Texas Harley-Davidson is proud to announce the return of Bike Night. Join CTHD at JR's (formerly Jack's Backyard) every Thursday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM for the best bike night around in Texas.

LADIES BIKE NIGHT

Ladies Bike Nights will be held monthly on a Tuesday night at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill from March to July. The bike nights will end in JULY with a "RIDE-IN DAY" benefiting the National Breast Cancer Foundation on July 30th 2005. See CTHD Events for schedule and more information.

Just a heads up that the B/CS group has moved locations to the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave. across from campus. We outgrew Freebirds, so sorry to all the burrito fans.

Here are the few that I know...

Old Spanish Trail Restaurant
Sunday Mornings
Everything from sportbikes to BMWs to Harleys
Bandera, Texas (take State Hwy 16 from San Antonio/Helotes, but watch for the cops and the speed racers!)
Starts about 8am until everybody goes riding...

Specht's
Wednesday nights
Technically in Bulverde (I think), but most folks call it San Antonio. About 8-10 miles outside of 1604 off Blanco Road (FM 2696)
Sportbikes mainly
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Hills and Dales
Also Wednesday nights
15403 White Fawn Dr (right off 1604 and Babcock Road)
Mostly Harleys, some other cruisers sneak in...
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Cheers! M2

Futura said:
Anyone know of any regular meets in the Fort Worth area?

Luis
02 Aprilia Futura
Being an Aprilia rider, surely you know on the 3rd Thursday's...

Sep 15, Thursday
BIKE NITE AT EUROSPORT CYCLES, 6 to 8 PM, 3100 Airport Freeway, northeast of downtown Fort Worth. Food and cold drinks, movies, and social gathering with other riders.

See Ya' there

No more bike nights @ King's Cafe. :huh2: We were informed this past Thursday that King's will not be open in the evenings. They will possibly reopen at night during the summer. They told us that they would open just for us if we gave them a week's notice & a head count but there is no way to predict who might show up. We did have 19 of us there for our last supper. Unfortunately we didn't know it was going to be our last or else we might have taken some pictures & posted something. Can anyone recommend a new place in the area? :eat3: We would prefer it not be a sports bar but would like a patio area for when the weather is nice.

What about Papa's on the Lake I can't remember if they're open right now. Man the lake is low!

Better yet -- why not rotate to several spots in the area. Different strokes for different folks! Mexican, burgers, seafood, etc.

The Peppermill Grill off 1097
Pizza Shack Montgomery or Willis
Margarita's (off 336 )
Panera (bring your laptop!)
Vernon's (off 105 w)
Pei Wei (Woodlands)

:eat:

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab I may try to scout out a place this week. I prefer to meet at the same place because we often get people showing up that have not checked the forum, they just assume same time and place. Also, it is nice for the staff to get to know us, then they really take care of us ;-) However, those all look like good places so I will try to check them out. Thanks for the tips!

Re: Plano meet and greet tonight

chiricahua said:
I looked up the address on map quest and I'm a bit confused. Is the 544 also known as 15th street?

Thanks for the help, I'll be coming from Frisco north of Plano.

Scott
You have to remember, in Texas every street is known by 4 different names, and the mapping programs will always use the least obscure name known.

Neither of the Austin bike nights it mentions here are correct any more. Iron Horse is gone and EZ's might come back but lately it has been different location and not weekly. See post else where in this section for info.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Kevin, I think they moved to the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave. across from the University. It is down near University Ave/Texas Ave. Not sure what time though? PM Vee Dub Nut as he is a regular there and will know.

Northeast Texas

Northeast Texas Rider Meet and Greet

We meet on the second Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM. Our meeting locations change every month (see tentative schedule below 2006-2007) and are generally in the hometowns of the attending riders. Meeting locations/schedule are determined by a consensus of the group.

If you have any questions, send a private message to terrebandit.

Click Here for the Schedule for 2007

May 2006 (Tyler)

Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ

June 2006 (Longview)

Dudley’s Cajun Café

July 2006 (Athens)

Ole West Bean and Burger Company

August 2006 (Lindale)

Dos Flamingos Mexican Grill

September 2006 (Lake Fork, Alba)

Mosiers Restaurant

October 2006 (Canton)

Dairy Palace

November 2006 (Nacogdoches)

Delacroix's Seafood Restaurant

December 2006 (Kilgore)

The Back Porch

January 2007 (Palestine)

Herschel's Family Restaurant

February 2007 (Lufkin)

Lufkin BBQ

March 2007 (Overton)

A J’s Place

April 2007 (Jacksonville)

Stacy’s BBQ

hottrodd

My Email is Dead!
Kevin Graulty said:
Is the TAMUMC gathering still function at Freebird's in College Station on Wednesdays?

Kevin G.

We currently meet at the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave near the corner of Texas and University on Wednesday nights at 7 in College Station.

Dilla's was previously mentioned as an alternate to P.O.'s and this may have been mentioned also, but I'm sad to say that Dilla's along with Treeline G.C. is closed permanently as of today. More sprawl was needed and both properties were sold to a developer.

Karl

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
:tab Not sure Mike. The San Antonio contingent on the site has been quiet. There are a few bike nights in Austin. There was one in San Marcos not too long ago. I don't think it became a regular thing though. Most of them get started by one person just picking a time and place, announcing it here, and then waiting to see who shows up. Sometimes you get a huge crowd, sometimes it is just you :-P If you want to drum up interest, just do a post in this forum section, something like, "Bike night in San Antonio Area?" and see what kind of response you get.

Last edited: