• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Regular Bike Nights and Rides

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab This post will be a list of all the regular repeating bike nights, rides, and other events that take place in all the various towns and locations around Texas. "Repeating" in the sense that they are at the same time and place every time. For rides, it would be something like a weekly meet at the Starbucks at a certain time, not necessarily the same route ridden everytime. These are not necessarily TWT events but there are likely to be a good number of TWT members there.

:tab If you want to see an event listed in this post, put the info in a reply to this post and I will put it here. Please be sure to include all the important info like WHEN and WHERE!

GREATER AUSTIN AREA
Moto Guzzi Riders Austin
2nd Monday of the Month
Opal Divines Marina Mopac & Parmer
6:30 - ?

Wimberley Valley Bike Night
Last Wed of ea month, with extended versions every Wed evening
Meet at Shady Oaks RV Resort (cafe, bar, deck, plenty of paved parking) on RR 2325, just 2 mi W past the Fischer Store Rd cutoff.
Meet time is at 6ish
Call Tom at (512) 921-0377 for more info.

----------------------
South Shore Beer Garden
930 Marina Bay Dr
Clear Lake Shores, TX 77565-2513
(281) 334-6378

Date: Every Wednesday
Time: 6:30-9:00pm

MAP

GREATER DFW METROMESS AREA

Blue Hanger Cafe
Northwest Regional Airport every Saturday for breakfast and to assess the world and local situation.
www.Bluehangarcafe.com
They are located off FM 1171 between 35W and State hwy 377. The address is Roanoke, but it may be closer to Northlake.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48390

North Dallas Meet and Greet
DFW area meet and greet for coffee, ride planning and story telling.
Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy Stores
1428 Independence Pkwy, Plano - (972) 596-1404
SE corner of Independence and 15th Street/Main Street/FM544
Every Thursday from 7:30 PM until whenever we call it quits.

TARA meets at the El Fenix in Grapevine on the first Tuesday of the month 7pm.

----------------------
Breakfast meet in Luella, Tx.
2nd Sunday of each Month
7:30 am till whenever
BG's Grill in Luella, TX 903-870-5048

Bryan / College Station

TAMU Motorcycle Club/Brazos Valley Sport Riding (BVSR) bike nights
First Monday of the month at World of Beer at 8 pm. Discounts and deals for attendees and occasional raffles.
All the other Mondays by the Chick Fil A on Texas Ave at 8 pm. Occasional raffles.
Join Facebook group "Brazos Valley Sport Riding" for more info.

---------------------------
Northeast Texas

Northeast Texas Rider Meet and Greet

For all current info on meets, go here.

If you have any questions, send a private message to terrebandit.

-----------------------
Longview Tx.
Bike Night at the Butcher Shop
Second Tuesday 6:30pm
CMA members meet there all welcome

Sherman
Bike Nights, 2nd Mondays of each month, starting May 11th.
MG's Burgers
1715 N Woods Street
Sherman, TX
6:30-8:30pm
Hosted by CMA Yeshua Riders

Last edited:
Please post an announcement of a regular breakfast get-together that I have Whitewright, TX. It is a very informal get-together in an off-beat location so you can get out and enjoy the roads, and also, some fellow enthusiasts. It starts at 10:00 am on the third Sunday of every month. Bring your friends or meet them there. It's a nice opportunty to sit around the round table and share ride experiences. There are many roads to explore both coming and going. The webpage will demonstrate some examples.
http://www.bogriffinrides.com/html/Whitewright.htm

Last edited:
So, how many successful meets warrants the "regular" badge? Austin is making and honest effort :lol:

Sleepy Weasel said:
STrider said:
Austin and "Regular"? Is that like low-carb pie? Jumbo shrimp?

Are you saying Austinites need to eat more fiber?

PLEASE NO!!!!! :eek:
While the legislature is in session we have plenty of people full of **** and slinging it around here.

We had our first one last night, I will be there next week and the week after that. Hopefully the start of a "regular" (non-metamucil) meet.

*** In order to stay on-topic ***

Austin weekly meet - Tuesday night - beginning at 6:00pm (or show up when you can) at the EZ's location at 3918 N. Lamar.

**** UPDATE 2/26/2006 ****
We are now rotating bi-weekly between the Rudy's BBQ location on 620 north of 2222 and Genuine Joe Coffeehouse on Anderson Lane between Lamar and Burnet. The next meeting will be March 7 at Genuine Joe. Check the Calender link for the latest info.

Last edited:
Central Texas Bike Nights at the Iron Horse

Iron Horse bar and Grill
12164 mopac exprw
austin texas 78758
512-490-bike

Every thursday, Central texas Harley davidson sponser bike night
$2 domestic beers live music, no cover free raffles for HD logo products, and if the weather is nice expect 2-300 bikes in the lot.

www.ironhorsebarandgrill.com

In North Austin. Usually every Thursday night.
It is a sportbike night, but all are welcome of course. It is sponsored by Woods Fun Center. You can call them for any questions i guess.
Hooter's on N. 183 northbound service road between Andersonmill and Lake Creek PKWY, at 7pm.

Just a heads-up on the post above.

I read over on the Cycle Forums Texas Section where the Hooters Sportbike Night on Thursdays in Austin is over. It seems Woods is moving it and combining it into more of a "Metric" Bike Night starting March 10 at Antonio's on I-35 & 183 according to a post on there who I think was the organizer of these events. It will be the same night as the CTXHD night at the Iron Horse.

I figured I'd see if this could be posted as well.

Every wednesday night at about 7pm, the TAMUMC meets at the Freebirds on Texas in College Station. We will be meeting this week to work on the requirements from the university.

I say TAMUMC, but we aren't official yet. We are in the process of getting the rest of the requirements done for the univeristy.

Isn't there more than one FB's in College Station now? Which one is it?

Adios,

Doh! My bad :oops: Missed the "Texas" part hehe. I always thought of that as just Business 6 and not as Texas Ave. I'ma badddd Aggie...

Got a street address or website?

Adios,

:tab Steve "eL Donut" Duncan was trying to get a regular meet going on the Northwest side up off I-35. Don't know that it ever hit regular status though. You can always try organzing one yourself ;-) Has worked for several other folks here!

Adios,

From the CTHarley website:

Note the move from the Iron Horse back to the original location which was Jack's Backyard and is now JR's on the Northbound frontage of I-35 just north of 290/Koenig

BIKE NIGHT

Central Texas Harley-Davidson is proud to announce the return of Bike Night. Join CTHD at JR's (formerly Jack's Backyard) every Thursday from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM for the best bike night around in Texas.

LADIES BIKE NIGHT

Ladies Bike Nights will be held monthly on a Tuesday night at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill from March to July. The bike nights will end in JULY with a "RIDE-IN DAY" benefiting the National Breast Cancer Foundation on July 30th 2005. See CTHD Events for schedule and more information.

Just a heads up that the B/CS group has moved locations to the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave. across from campus. We outgrew Freebirds, so sorry to all the burrito fans.

Is this a real Taco Cabana...? Or one of Kurt's imaginary ones :-P

Tourmeister said:
Is this a real Taco Cabana...? Or one of Kurt's imaginary ones :-P

My Taco Cabana has been well documented at this point. :moon:

Is anyone going to PO's tonight? The weather is kinda bad, so I might make the trip if someone will be there.

Back