• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Regular Bike Nights and Rides

RECIT said:
Is anyone going to PO's tonight? The weather is kinda bad, so I might make the trip if someone will be there.

Yep, just updated the P.O.'s thread. See ya there. :chug:

There used to be a bike night on Wednesdays at a place in Angleton. Does that still exist?

Hamburger Wednesday, last Wed of every Month. Google it and you'll find tons of info on it. Still going strong.

Futura said:
Anyone know of any regular meets in the Fort Worth area?

Luis
02 Aprilia Futura

AMS Ducati in Alvarado usually meet there semi-regularly. They post on a Duc owners group on the MSN groups.

Here are the few that I know...

Old Spanish Trail Restaurant
Sunday Mornings
Everything from sportbikes to BMWs to Harleys
Bandera, Texas (take State Hwy 16 from San Antonio/Helotes, but watch for the cops and the speed racers!)
Starts about 8am until everybody goes riding...

Specht's
Wednesday nights
Technically in Bulverde (I think), but most folks call it San Antonio. About 8-10 miles outside of 1604 off Blanco Road (FM 2696)
Sportbikes mainly
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Hills and Dales
Also Wednesday nights
15403 White Fawn Dr (right off 1604 and Babcock Road)
Mostly Harleys, some other cruisers sneak in...
Starts about 7:00 until everybody leaves

Cheers! M2

Futura said:
Anyone know of any regular meets in the Fort Worth area?

Luis
02 Aprilia Futura

Being an Aprilia rider, surely you know on the 3rd Thursday's...

Sep 15, Thursday
BIKE NITE AT EUROSPORT CYCLES, 6 to 8 PM, 3100 Airport Freeway, northeast of downtown Fort Worth. Food and cold drinks, movies, and social gathering with other riders.

See Ya' there

No more bike nights @ King's Cafe. :huh2: We were informed this past Thursday that King's will not be open in the evenings. They will possibly reopen at night during the summer. They told us that they would open just for us if we gave them a week's notice & a head count but there is no way to predict who might show up. We did have 19 of us there for our last supper. Unfortunately we didn't know it was going to be our last or else we might have taken some pictures & posted something. Can anyone recommend a new place in the area? :eat3: We would prefer it not be a sports bar but would like a patio area for when the weather is nice.

What about Papa's on the Lake I can't remember if they're open right now. Man the lake is low!

Better yet -- why not rotate to several spots in the area. Different strokes for different folks! Mexican, burgers, seafood, etc.

The Peppermill Grill off 1097
Pizza Shack Montgomery or Willis
Margarita's (off 336 )
Panera (bring your laptop!)
Vernon's (off 105 w)
Pei Wei (Woodlands)

:eat:

:tab I may try to scout out a place this week. I prefer to meet at the same place because we often get people showing up that have not checked the forum, they just assume same time and place. Also, it is nice for the staff to get to know us, then they really take care of us ;-) However, those all look like good places so I will try to check them out. Thanks for the tips!

Plano meet and greet tonight

I looked up the address on map quest and I'm a bit confused. Is the 544 also known as 15th street?

Thanks for the help, I'll be coming from Frisco north of Plano.

Scott

Re: Plano meet and greet tonight

chiricahua said:
I looked up the address on map quest and I'm a bit confused. Is the 544 also known as 15th street?

Thanks for the help, I'll be coming from Frisco north of Plano.

Scott
You have to remember, in Texas every street is known by 4 different names, and the mapping programs will always use the least obscure name known.

I've lived here for 25 years and sometime I still get confused....welcome to Texas.:-P

Neither of the Austin bike nights it mentions here are correct any more. Iron Horse is gone and EZ's might come back but lately it has been different location and not weekly. See post else where in this section for info.

antonio's mexican resturaunt on 183 and i-35 in north austin has a bike night every thursday i was up there last night. austinbikenight.com

Is the TAMUMC gathering still function at Freebird's in College Station on Wednesdays?

Kevin G.

Kevin, I think they moved to the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave. across from the University. It is down near University Ave/Texas Ave. Not sure what time though? PM Vee Dub Nut as he is a regular there and will know.

Northeast Texas

Northeast Texas Rider Meet and Greet

We meet on the second Thursday of every month at 6:30 PM. Our meeting locations change every month (see tentative schedule below 2006-2007) and are generally in the hometowns of the attending riders. Meeting locations/schedule are determined by a consensus of the group.

If you have any questions, send a private message to terrebandit.

Click Here for the Schedule for 2007

May 2006 (Tyler)

Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ

June 2006 (Longview)

Dudley’s Cajun Café

July 2006 (Athens)

Ole West Bean and Burger Company

August 2006 (Lindale)

Dos Flamingos Mexican Grill

September 2006 (Lake Fork, Alba)

Mosiers Restaurant

October 2006 (Canton)

Dairy Palace

November 2006 (Nacogdoches)

Delacroix's Seafood Restaurant

December 2006 (Kilgore)

The Back Porch

January 2007 (Palestine)

Herschel's Family Restaurant

February 2007 (Lufkin)

Lufkin BBQ

March 2007 (Overton)

A J’s Place

April 2007 (Jacksonville)

Stacy’s BBQ

Kevin Graulty said:
Is the TAMUMC gathering still function at Freebird's in College Station on Wednesdays?

Kevin G.

We currently meet at the Taco Cabana on Texas Ave near the corner of Texas and University on Wednesday nights at 7 in College Station.

Dilla's was previously mentioned as an alternate to P.O.'s and this may have been mentioned also, but I'm sad to say that Dilla's along with Treeline G.C. is closed permanently as of today. More sprawl was needed and both properties were sold to a developer.

Karl

Are there any bike meets in San Antonio that anyone knows of besides Spechts and Hills and Dales on wed nites?

:tab Not sure Mike. The San Antonio contingent on the site has been quiet. There are a few bike nights in Austin. There was one in San Marcos not too long ago. I don't think it became a regular thing though. Most of them get started by one person just picking a time and place, announcing it here, and then waiting to see who shows up. Sometimes you get a huge crowd, sometimes it is just you :-P If you want to drum up interest, just do a post in this forum section, something like, "Bike night in San Antonio Area?" and see what kind of response you get.

Last edited:
I'll prolly be at Hills 'n Dales tomorrow night, so if anyone in SA area is around, come join me! Maybe we can play some darts. Till then~

Iron Horse bar and Grill has not been in Austin for over a year. Can't we update the original post?

Back