• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reklused KTM 390...HOLD THE PHONE, 390 ADVENTURE?

The 390 Duke is a great bike, I just sold mine, didn’t have it up for sale, but a friend offered a fair amount for it, and had to sell, as I’m selling down because I just purchased a 790 adv, and after selling my other bikes, I am waiting for the 390 KTM adventure to hit the us market. My Duke 390 would do 100 mph with my fat but on it 210 lbs, so I’m sure the performance with a lighter person would be fantastic. I have seen some go for $3,000 to $ 3500, with very low miles. Here’s the new toy.

Attachments

• 31C37F39-2F7D-465A-8140-C85E52E69FB2.jpeg
    31C37F39-2F7D-465A-8140-C85E52E69FB2.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 161
I think the 390 Duke is a really cool bike. It’s just too physically small for me. I’d imagine the adventure version would fit my frame better, and a little extra oomph from another 100cc is always a good thing. Depending on what it weighs and how well it performs off pavement, I could see the 490 Adventure being a great light adventure bike.

The question is how much the price will creep toward 790 range. If they can keep the 490 Adventure under $8K it’s be awesome (and pretty surprising).

The 390 Duke is a great bike, I just sold mine, didn’t have it up for sale, but a friend offered a fair amount for it, and had to sell, as I’m selling down because I just purchased a 790 adv, and after selling my other bikes, I am waiting for the 390 KTM adventure to hit the us market. My Duke 390 would do 100 mph with my fat but on it 210 lbs, so I’m sure the performance with a lighter person would be fantastic. I have seen some go for $3,000 to $ 3500, with very low miles. Here’s the new toy.
What do you think about the 790 Engine versus the 390?

I would really like to see a tentative date on the 490. We don't even have the 390 adv yet, so how far behind might a 490 adv be? Seems to me that a 490 might be the perfect compromise between displacement and price.

I can’t say any thing about the 390 vs the 790, because I haven’t done 600 miles and had the rev limiter opened up, limited to 6500 rpm, but the 390 was tight until about 1500 miles, but a great engine.

I think the 390 Duke is a really cool bike. It’s just too physically small for me.

Ditto on the small sized bikes. I hopped on a ninja 300 and felt like a circus bear on a tricycle. Well, maybe a giraffe instead of a bear. But for folks like Monica the KTM 390 would probably be an excellent fit.

I felt that way on the Ninja 400 and Z400, but the 390 Duke is a different story. The ergonomics on that bike are surprising for its size.

And I'm just a smidge larger than Monica.

Folks need to watch some of the videos on the 390 ADV. They made a small displacement bike, not a small in stature bike. Remember the RE Himalayan is only a 400cc bike, but it's not tiny either.

What do you think about the 790 Engine versus the 390?

Keeping in mind that I haven’t ridden either of them, you can pretty much always safely assume that I’m going to like the more powerful option better. What I don’t like about the 790 is the price. It’s not that I necessarily think it’s unreasonably priced...it’s just more than I’m going to pay for a motorcycle.

you can pretty much always safely assume that I’m going to like the more powerful option better.
Until recently I would have said the same thing, but I've found my upper limits of useful power lately.

Back