• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

repairing favorite gloves again, worth it

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

Yep, it is time to repair my favorite Qwi summer gloves. I have had these almost ten years. They are designed by a hand nerve surgeon/rider and are padded ++just right++ to relieve any nerve pain. Unfortunately he no longer stocks or has these made. I use thread, patience and fabric repair glue. The fingers blow out. I tried a pair of armored motorcycle gloves from a famous brand this morning: they pinch my thumb and I lose circulation. Nothing beats broken in leather. And with my old pair I can punch the neighborhood gate code and not take gloves off.

Years of computer work gave me some carpal nerve issues. These gloves are great.

Attachments

• IMG_1405.jpeg
    IMG_1405.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 171
Nothing beats broken in leather. And with my old pair I can punch the neighborhood gate code and not take gloves off.
+1

I just bought my second (or third - I can't remember) pair of Lee Parks deerskins since 2012 and 100K+ miles of riding. As you can see in the photo I wore through the wrist portion of the right glove. I'm not sure how that happened, but oh well. They are outseam gloves so there's no interior seams to bother the sides of my fingers.

In cooler weather or if I want an armored glove I'll wear my Steve gloves by Held.

Attachments

• PXL_20210424_175430220.jpg
    PXL_20210424_175430220.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 150
+1

I just bought my second (or third - I can't remember) pair of Lee Parks deerskins since 2012 and 100K+ miles of riding. As you can see in the photo I wore through the wrist portion of the right glove. I'm not sure how that happened, but oh well. They are outseam gloves so there's no interior seams to bother the sides of my fingers.

In cooler weather or if I want an armored glove I'll wear my Steve gloves by Held.
I also have a pair of the Lee Parks gloves, wear them a lot also. But the nerve padding really helps my small hands.

I also have a pair of the Lee Parks gloves, wear them a lot also. But the nerve padding really helps my small hands.
I have Essential Tremor; primarily in my hands, so when I would ride my buzzy 2001 Concours my hands would really shake afterwards. My Gold Wing doesn't affect me the same way so it sounds like your padded gloves would have been pretty helpful to me in the past.

Back