• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Replacing Shocks on SP500

ltlxvz

Reaction score
First Name
Lanny
Last Name
Marshall
I am restoring a 1982 Suzuki SP500 and want to replace the rear shocks. I am not sure what kind to order. The eye to eye measurement that I made is 15 1/4 inches. I have found 15 inch and 15 3/4 inch. Will either of these fit? Any recommendations on where to buy these? I also would like to find a replacement gear shift, brake lever, and fork seals for it. Any idea on where I can find these?
Thanks!

Here is El Diablo Roho

Attachments

• FA710CB2-2BF1-4AEB-94EE-7C20F793A163.jpeg
    FA710CB2-2BF1-4AEB-94EE-7C20F793A163.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 204
Could be a bit of sag in the springs, I would go with the taller of the two myself.

Yep... tats it, mine had the gold anodized rims... somewhere in a box I have a photo album with a few pictures of me riding wheelies on mine
I’ll see if I can find that scrap book

Thanks for the replies. I have 15’s ordered already. I’ll let you know how they do when I get them installed.

Update...?
Found 15" ones on ebay for around $90 that fit. Haven't been able to ride it much since. I tried to replace front fork seals without the proper removal tool and now have an non moveable jam of the outer and inner fork. Can't pull the inner out of the outer and boy is she mad at me.

• Wow
Reactions: Vec
Back