• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RESOLVED - Madisonville tire help - RESOLVED

SilverBullet

never slow down...you never grow old
Reaction score
Link for post I just saw.

Unfortunately, I do not have any extra tires in the garage right now, but not sure if a GS tire would fit. What size does the tire need to be?

Gullo Yamaha on Hwy 19 is the only shop in town that might have a tire. They deal more in side by sides and watercraft, but sometimes have a few bikes.

@jhansen rides an S10 I think...? He might have a lead, but I think he is in the Woodlands.

Tire size is 150/70-17
I thought it was in the link but not since a Tenere only forum. Tenere didn't upsize the rear tire in last update like the GS did.

Update:

Rider got family from DFW to come with trailer to get him and bike so help request is closed.

But he loses his Tenere man card for two tows and 2 day plus delay for only a flat tire. LOL

But I myself had 1 tow and got delayed 2 days in BFE CA desert waiting on RMATV to next day air me a tire. So laughing at myself also.

If you can't plug the tire and are not carrying a spare, or you can't find a tire locally, I don't know what else you can do other than get a tow :shrug:

Just sucks to waste trip time instead of being able to ride.

If you can't plug the tire and are not carrying a spare, or you can't find a tire locally, I don't know what else you can do other than get a tow :shrug:

Just sucks to waste trip time instead of being able to ride.

You need to stop riding before the flat destroys the tire. I didn't and it destroyed the sidewall (ignored warning signs; noise/vibration/wiggle, attributed to varying road surfaces as under construction, was at night, end of long day's ride = perfect storm).

Just do what I do. Momentarily panic and admit you are screwed. Three finger puncture in rear tire coming home alone from BB. 170 miles from home and 20 miles from the dive town of Menard who with the exception of the $189 tow, took advantage of me every time I opened my wallet :-) And, I never felt anything as I was flying along at 80. Pulled over and got out the pump and plugs only to find... your toast.

Attachments

• BMW on Flatbed.jpg
    BMW on Flatbed.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 97
Just saw thisā€¦..šŸ˜•
Cycle Shack in Conroe had some in stock for my Tenere the last time I needed tires. At least it would have gotten them on the road

Well I tried to give away some used tires for an Africa Twin and a ubiquitous 120/70 x17 PR4 front for just about any road bike these days, with no luck. Guess I'll store em till someone is desperate this summer and give them away then.

Well I tried to give away some used tires for an Africa Twin and a ubiquitous 120/70 x17 PR4 front for just about any road bike these days, with no luck. Guess I'll store em till someone is desperate this summer and give them away then.

I have the factory take-offs from my Africa Twin with all of 22 miles on them in the garage. I'm not sure anybody will ever want them.

Back