• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reusable solvent sprayers and bulk solvent

I have had a couple of those, they work great.

till you run it over with a Freightliner.:doh:

Good tip ... thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

These have been around for years. I bought one from Mac Tools back in the early '90s. I used it for WD-40 and it worked great. Way cheaper to buy WD by the gallon than by the spray can.

i got one for the electronics shop i was the lead tech for. bought the cheepie from harbor freight. loved it!

Hey Mitchntx, you need 2 or 3 of them, if they take up too much space, I can store 'em for you....:trust:

at OReallys...

When the OReallys house brand was $2.69 and could be found on sale occasionally at $1.99/ can ... I could tolerate that. But even the house brand is now crowding $4.

On Amazon, I stumbled across this ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VWYIDU/?tag=twowhetex-20

At the time it was advertised as a package of 12 and for a whopping $17.85. At $1.50/can, I ordered three cases. And you guessed it ... I got three cans. Amazon gave a full refund and i kept the 3 cans.

So now, I'm getting really low and I'm facing pulling the heads of the wife's Tahoe to replace lifters. I needs me some cleaning agent.

Hey Mitchntx, you need 2 or 3 of them, if they take up too much space, I can store 'em for you....:trust:

I give and I give and I give ... :giveup:

Mitch.....on the tool aisle....they have the reusable pressurized sprayers like Harbor Frt...

& yes....they usta run the cans on sale to businesses for $1.99 a can

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Yes I do, and but brake clean in 5 gal cans.
Of note, I have two sprayers, as they put out a fine low volume spray as they come. but there are times I want a larger "flow" at pressure. To get that you can remove an atomizer in the nozzle, or can with he sprayers I have (they all look the same and I bought three form different "brands" other then packaging and decals, Id say they are the same unit.

It is getting harder to get the 5 gal can though....I used to get it from a guy that service a local shop. Id call him when I needed a can, and meet him at the shop to pick it up.

Shop stopped using that supplier and new company wont sell to "walk in's" due to claimed liability ..pfffft what ever, you can be sued for anything (as I have found out over the course of the last 36 months) so some common sense has to take place when considering the "risk' of liability. ...Mini rant over...
Oh and i buy it now from a supplier in Austin, call and tell him what i want, brake clean, solvent for washer, hand cleaner, ect, and arraign to pick it up when I come to town weekly to service the fleet bikes.

Keep yer skivvies on fella. I think one of the little pump sprayers might be safer. I can see myself popping that pretty quickly with my or your air system, sir.

Add one QR that has a regulator on it with gauge.. I have 6 QR connections on my system.
One regulated to 100 for my two lifts.
One with a reel on it, full pressure.
one with a air gun and air ratchet for the lathe, full pressure.
one as a connection to put a second long line on, other side of garage, full pressure.
One as a available connection in far corner of garage, full pressure.
and one with a regulator/gauge used as a low (er) pressure port as needed. Staple gun when doing seats, charging the sprayers, initial setting of a shock bladder and cap, ect ct.

The regulated connection QR is one of those things you dont know how often you will use it, till you have it to use.

Mine is a chapin three gallon pump sprayer , just bought a new one , the old one crapped out after 20 years , my varsol comes in 55 gallon drums , that usally last a couple years .

Yep, I usually run the system at about 100 psig since the tire machine and the lifts like it. I can go up to 155 psig if needed. I just know Mitchntx is old and might over do it. I used to watch wheeler dealers and Edd China always had one of those pump sprayers. I had been meaning to look into those for all the same reasons. Of course I still have 5 gal on mineral spirits in standby for the parts washer, but I guess I need to put a proper filter in the washer to keep it clean.

https://www.sureshotsprayer.com/images/Model_A_Instructions.pdf

Charge sprayer with compressed air by holding
standard air chuck on valve stem of the filler cap.
Hold the air chuck on the filler cap until you hear the
line pressure equalize with the sprayer. Working
pressure is 80-150 psi. At least 80 psi is needed to
spray the full 32 oz. without a recharge of air.
THE MAXIMUM PRESSURE SHOULD NOT
EXCEED 200 PSI.

Using the TWT code/link, I ordered this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LDF3YY/?tag=twowhetex-20

I'll let you touch mine ...

errr...ummm...I'm uncomfortable. I hope you didn't type that at work. I am sure it will be saved somewhere..hee hee.

A couple of the reviews showed leaks and a faulty trigger.
So I wuz skeered.

I hate buying things twice ...

Back