• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2015!

TX_northstar

Forum Supporter
On our way... this is for you, Frank ��

Cleatus, once you are fixed up, you can get that rig back to awesome! Heal well��

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!
New luggage? Color me jealous. Have a blast.

So good to be here again....albeit on 4 wheels

Thank you Prof, foldbrow, sKatZ, CASA, tonights entertainment. Well done again.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
It was a great weekend! I don't think there is a finer bunch of people on the planet. Except for everyone who will be there next year

Had an absolute blast. Put over 900 miles on the Tiger over the weekend, and, I trailered it to the Ozarks.

Made a run up to Magazine Mountain on Friday for a "State Park pizza" at the lodge, then, over to Paris to pick up some of the Habanero "Monk Sauce" from the nearby abbey in Subiaco.

On the way there I scouted Dead Man's Creek Road after coming up 27 near Danville, and then, picked up Poteau Mountain Road (a.k.a. Polk County Road 70) on the way back from lunch. Both are excellent forays for riders who tend to answer the call of the dirt. Close to QW park is another fine piece of dirt road, Polk County 100, that was a fun out and back on Saturday.

The dinner Saturday night was my favorite of the trip, and those wonderful brews helped wash it down nicely. I settled on the Hazelnut Southern Brown Ale as my pick of CORE Brewery's litter.

Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

Had an absolute blast. Put over 900 miles on the Tiger over the weekend, and, I trailered it to the Ozarks.

Made a run up to Magazine Mountain on Friday for a "State Park pizza" at the lodge, then, over to Paris to pick up some of the Habanero "Monk Sauce" from the nearby abbey in Subiaco.

On the way there I scouted Dead Man's Creek Road after coming up 27 near Danville, and then, picked up Poteau Mountain Road (a.k.a. Polk County Road 70) on the way back from lunch. Both are excellent forays for riders who tend to answer the call of the dirt. Close to QW park is another fine piece of dirt road, Polk County 100, that was a fun out and back on Saturday.

The dinner Saturday night was my favorite of the trip, and those wonderful brews helped wash it down nicely. I settled on the Hazelnut Southern Brown Ale as my pick of CORE Brewery's litter.

I agree man, that Hazelnut stuff was da bomb!
It was a perfect meal after a great ride with Robert and Kat!
I had a wet ride up to the Missouri border and then beautiful the rest of the way home.
Thanks to all of you for making this another memorable weekend and to sKatz for her great Web page. I'll send her some pics to add to it and will post more her over the week as get time.
Two Wheel Texans rock.
Frank

Last edited:

WoodButcher

Admin

A couple of those Hazelnuts followed me home and are cooling for tonight.

If I had any room left on the cases I would have had them there too. Will find a way to order some. They are supposedly working their way up towards St. Louis.

Rmr4casa.com
sKatz iS doing a great job with the website and promoting the great gathering of people and machines for the children helped by CASA. Looking forward to the continued gathering of people and machines in the clouds on Rich Mountain!

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
I am working on a way for folks to upload photos they might want to show on the site. Stay tuned!

WoodButcher

Admin
I have a bunch of pictures, but haven't had a chance to get them edited and posted. Been working on this server in my evenings.

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
Hey, everyone! Finally got it ready - if you have photos you'd like to share on the RMR site, you can upload them to the online gallery now!

Just visit rmr4casa.com - there's a link on the welcome page. Looking forward to seeing the fun all over again!

WoodButcher

Admin
Don't beat me anymore.

A little music from that night: https://youtu.be/yFYXaxCbBYQ

And my gallery. https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Rich-Mountain-Rendezous-2015 PM me if you see yourself and want a copy. I'll link some in some pics just to hit the highlights.

Cynthia Martin, the one whom the rally supports. Well, helps fund her CASA operation for a few counties.

IMD_2539-2-L.jpg

Steve Johnson, whose Chain Gang rally morphed into this.

IMD_2170-L.jpg

And Skatz...

IMD_2522-L.jpg

And a wonderful sunset:

IMD_2066-HDR-L.jpg

Followed by some stars and the milky way:

IMD_2073-L.jpg

sKatZ

Forum Supporter
Rusty! Those are wonderful photos! Thank you for all of them. There is one shot of folks at tables where the sky is stunningly beautiful - a terrific moment!

:clap:

Don't beat me anymore.

A little music from that night: https://youtu.be/yFYXaxCbBYQ

And my gallery. https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Rich-Mountain-Rendezous-2015 PM me if you see yourself and want a copy. I'll link some in some pics just to hit the highlights.

Cynthia Martin, the one whom the rally supports. Well, helps fund her CASA operation for a few counties.

IMD_2539-2-L.jpg

Steve Johnson, whose Chain Gang rally morphed into this.

IMD_2170-L.jpg

And Skatz...

IMD_2522-L.jpg

And a wonderful sunset:

IMD_2066-HDR-L.jpg

Followed by some stars and the milky way:

IMD_2073-L.jpg
Nice photo spread WB.