• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2022 - 21 all over again!

A band of intrepid adventurers after almost single-handedly clearing the BBQ buffet at the lodge on Mt Magazine...
20220917_141558.jpg

L to R: Boulder Ed, Rafe, k-dubya, Dutchman, Iguana

20220917_102833.jpg

The joyful expression when you finally get off the 2x6 Honda calls a seat on the Africa Twin

EA2F12A0-F578-49A6-9282-D3053728D747.jpeg

Our group at the Petite Jean SP Lodge cleaning out the WIFI buffet while waiting for food. šŸ˜‚ Some people might have been ā€œworkingā€ on their phones. Gary and Sylie (probably spelled that one wrong, apologies) lead us on a spirited ride there. Apparently they went faster on the way home in an attempt to lose @misterk, but he managed to stick to them like gum on your shoe in the summer. It was a great ride.

Thanks to Cynthia and Kat and all the folks that helped. Good times for sure. The Vespa made the ~600 mile round trip without incident.

Stopped to say Hello to the Boggy Creek Monster on the way up:
Resized_20220916_104401.jpeg

And visited Gillham Lake on the return ride:
Resized_20220918_160039(1).jpeg

Thanks to Cynthia and Kat and all the folks that helped. Good times for sure. The Vespa made the ~600 mile round trip without incident.

Stopped to say Hello to the Boggy Creek Monster on the way up:
View attachment 330942

And visited Gillham Lake on the return ride:
View attachment 330943
Lee, how much patience did it take to tiddle 600 miles?

Lee, how much patience did it take to tiddle 600 miles?
Minimal patience required, Mark. I've concluded a Vespa 300 is not a real tiddler. At Ā±350 pounds it's rather steady on the road, easily traveling at a sustained low 60 mph's. With a few exceptions of "big roads" to get out/in town and to cross rivers/lakes, this ride was blacktop county roads and a lot of 55mph state highways where safe travel was often 50 mph. For those who like GPS stats, the overall moving average, including Saturday's ride with the 125cc tiddlers, was 46 mph at 65 mpg; top speed was 78 mph while negotiating, and drafting, through a few bunched up 18 wheelers on I-49 on the way out of town. The only aggravating part of the ride was the last 10 miles on the controlled-access loop around the West side of Shreveport which was hot and quite turbulent, with most traffic moving faster than my 65 mph.

Last edited:
A little behind with thanking all of you for coming up and posting such great photos! Let me know if I can get some for the RMR site! You can email rmr4casa@gmail.com - send photos and videos!

Thank you to everyone who helped and made up for my less-than-stellar braining :drool: - yay for team efforts!

Back