• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride, Crash, Fly, Go Home.... My Trip to Arkansas...

I am intrested in how you fell over on a straight section of road!:doh: Do those Vee Stroms just keel over and lay down or do you have to do something special?:lol2:

I don't know if he is looking to put the rider down or the V-Strom :lol2:
img0957as7.jpg

Not to change the subject from the injury itself... but what happened to cause the accident?

Bill,

Is it a broken clavicle or is a grade III AC separation?
I have the grade III (complete) separation from 2002. I was told then that surgery was only necessary if I was in to professional sports and if you do have the surgery, then surgery will have to be done again in the future. I let mine heal on it's own and the bump from the clavicle sticking up has lessened over the years. It gives me no problems at all. My right shoulder that just had partial seperation 8 years ago gives me trouble every day.
Best of luck to you and get well soon.
Janet

Dang, dude. Sorry to hear about the get off. Make sure you allow yourself time to heal....don't be in too big a hurry to get back at it.

Not to change the subject from the injury itself... but what happened to cause the accident?

I came out of a corner and the back end hit some gravel. It kicked out and then caught and sent me into the ditch. I tried to get it back onto the pavement and did, but it caught again and highsided. It flipped me off and I landed in front of the bike and slid for a tiny bit (I think).

Janet, I don't know officially what I have. The Doc said it was all too swolen to tell right then. But he did say nothing was broken, and I do have some torn ligaments. I should know more on Wed or Thursday when I go see another doctor.

ouch! I have a plate and 7 screws around my collarbone from smashing it on my driveway. (The bike recovered much better than I did.)

I peeked at the pic. Here's hoping it's a clean break, and that they can massage it back down and brace it so you don't have to have any surgery.

Healing goes much faster without surgery, trust me on this! Not to mention much less chance of getting a frozen shoulder. I have kept the plate in for about three years now, because I'd about rather die than get another frozen shoulder. lol

Do what the docs (and wife) tell you :-P and get well SOONEST!

Dang, Bill. I'm awfully sorry to hear that. I thought about you guys up there all weekend, wished I coulda been there, and was hoping everybody was having a good time w/ no mishaps.

This proves it. Arkansas hates TWT.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bill, I don't think we've actually met but man I'm sorry to hear about your accident. The pics looked pretty serious but I'm glad that you were able to come back to Texas in a pickup & not an ambulance.

While I was talking to Squeaky before the trip, we mentioned 123 & you overheared her & joked about it being no big deal or something to that affect. Well ...... welcome to the 123 club. It gets another TWTer. I still need to go back & conquer it.

Hope you heal up quickly & don't have to have surgery. BTW, how is the strom?

We just got Bill and Jessica healed up, now you! :eek2: Get well and listen to the docs and be very very nice to your wife aka "she who will be wiping your..well you know." :trust:

I am intrested in how you fell over on a straight section of road!:doh: Do those Vee Stroms just keel over and lay down or do you have to do something special?:lol2:
All the v-stroms tend to have narcolepsy. I think it's in their genes.
Um, wait... no, that's not right. Hmm..... bikes... genes.... nah.

Bill, I hope your injuries are not serious and that you heal soon.

On a lighter note, is there any chance your avatar put a hex on your ride this weekend?;-)

:sun:

wishing you a quick, speedy and full recovery.

ALL RIGHT, TWTer's. NO MORE FALLING DOWN! :brainsnap (me included)

The important part is that you are still here to tell your tale.

Glad to hear your not any worse for the wear. :pray:

No, the important thing is that he's got lots of pictures!:rofl:

Seriously, glad you're okay. Hope you heal fast.

Lee

EEEK! Sorry to hear bout that spill. You are alive to tell the tale so it could always be worse. Kudos to the photog on the copter - nice pics.

Let me know if I can help w/ anything since you ain't too far away.

I don't know if he is looking to put the rider down or the V-Strom :lol2:
img0957as7.jpg

Uh, I think he is thinking "Boy, you just messed w/ my dinner break and now I got to do some paperwork".

(at least that is what I would think sometimes....)

There must be something about the DL1k they do not like AR and just fall over.. his was not the only one to just lay down.. but that story will come out later.. not to thread jack but "she" is fine and the bike is ok too..

You think that trooper is going to draw on him.. you should have seen the "first responders".. WOW talk about some people that need to come down off the mountain..lol..

Peanut (Melanie) and Walnut (Biwwy) are truly a class act couple - him for stepping up to the plate to help make the whole trip happen and her for sticking by his crazy self the whole time. Even though I've only been around them twice (tech day and this weekend), they are officially classified as my friends whether they like it or not! :kiss:

Bill - you know that you can count on me for whatever you need, but it's Peanut's job to check you for ticks! :cool2:

Do those Vee Stroms just keel over and lay down or do you have to do something special?:lol2:

Nothing special, just ride one. You'll see. :scratch:

This proves it. Arkansas hates TWT.

It's been said before: Arkansas is the place Texans go to crash their bikes. Biwwy just didn't believe me when I said we needed to make sure there was at least one trailer along for the ride. :shrug:

No, the important thing is that he's got lots of pictures!:rofl:

Before the first responders got there, Biwwy was sitting on the ground saying "Something is broken". Within minutes, he was laying down saying "Someone get my camera" :lol2:

There must be something about the DL1k they do not like AR and just fall over.. his was not the only one to just lay down.. but that story will come out later.. not to thread jack but "she" is fine and the bike is ok too..

:duck:

Back