• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride, Crash, Fly, Go Home.... My Trip to Arkansas...

Thank you all for putting up with me, I know I was a little bit shaky at times.

I'd do it again in a hearbeat Peanut. :kiss: (Not that I ever want to need to, but you know what I mean)

155281432-M.jpg

Hey Bill,
Nathan (my son) was wondering if you were fixed yet? he wants to go for a ride and thought it would be fun if you were there.. also he was up set that the rocks made you fall and to watch out for the bad rocks next time.. but its cool you got to ride in a chopper.. so there you have incite of at 7 yr old..

Lol... not fixed just quite yet. I think it will be at least a month or so before I can even get on a bike again.

Very nice pictures, very beautiful area and I really enjoyed it for the most part but it's bites big time when friends get hurt.

Arkansas is like a beautiful copperhead snake, looks real pretty but when it bites.... :eek2:

Bill did you EVER take your medicine? (In my best mother hen voice)

Like I said in the other post, I learned who to count on and more importantly, who NOT to count on. No names need to be listed, but I'm sure they know who they are.

I too had a trailer at ES and would like to chime in with my prospective about the trailers. On three occasions in the past I have hauled a disabled bike back home for some unfortunate rider. I feel I am very familiar in what it takes to arrange for the transportation of a disabled bike.

I arrived at ES Friday with Randall (FZ1Nutt). We decided to ride with the Alabama group Saturday morning. We came upon the scene of the accident early in our ride. The paramedics were attending to Bill and the police was directing the riders to leave the scene. We gathered at the bottom of the hill and a lot of discussions were going about Bills condition and what to do with the bike. The Alabama riders continued on the ride while Randall and I stayed and talked about how to get the trailer back to the bike and the bike back to Arlington. At that time I did not know that the bike was ride able. Someone rode Bill bike down from the accident scene. Randall provided the chain and lock and moved the bike to a different location. Randall agreed that he would ride back with a group on Monday while I hauled the bike back to Arlington.

Later Chris joined the group and was attempting to contact a relative in the area to assist with the bike pickup. It was my understanding that when the group broke up that there would be made arrangement for a rider to take Bill;s bike to ES and a trailer would not be needed. I told Becca that I would be sure to be back at the motel by 4 pm and to call me on my cell if she needed anything else.

Becca called me on my cell phone at the motel about 5pm . She asked if I would go pick up the bike. I told her I did not feel comfortable driving through the mountains at night with a trailer but I would leave early Sunday morning to pick it up. She was concerned about leaving the bike over night and Bills dad was leaving with a trailer from Arlington and would be in ES in about five hours. I asked several people at the motel if they had a trailer or truck and could pick up the bike. She then wanted someone to come pick up Bill at the hospital. I knew that my sports car would be too cramped for a guy Bills size who was in pain. When I asked Keith and Joyce they agreed and I gave them the cell phone to get the details from Becca.

I thought I was helping, but it wasn’t enough. In hind sight I should have just headed back to the motel and got the trailer. I am very sorry Bill if you feel that I let you down.

We lost one of our Road Star guys to the Pig Trail last year. Very glad it wasn't too serious. We are headed back up there in a few weeks and I hope we come out better this year.

Here are my shots....

Branson, MO just up from Eureka Springs.

ES9.JPG

Some of our gang (with the Bama boys in the background).

ES12.JPG

Just outside Jasper in a Valley that I can't recall the name of. I think it was the Boxley Valley.

ES20.JPG

Same valley - different angle.

ES21.JPG

JoyRider reflecting on the beauty of Arkansas.

ES22.JPG

The 'Busa on the evil AR 123.

ES27.JPG

War Eagle Grist Mill (and tourist trap).

ES39.JPG

The better half in all my adventures.

ES41.JPG

Keith, that is one sweet looking Busa. But then again I've always had a thing for them anyway. Nice pics!!!

motoark2007009da6.jpg

motoark2007012ne3.jpg

motoark2007013zc3.jpg

motoark2007015cj4.jpg

motoark2007014cw4.jpg

motoark2007003du5.jpg

motoark2007005cx8.jpg

motoark2007004xf3.jpg

motoark2007020rq5.jpg

motoark2007007uf5.jpg

motoark2007019ax5.jpg

motoark2007021bf4.jpg

Pretty much all I took. I'm sorry for the confusion in how things wound up on the trailer thing. Like Bill(Wasabi) said there were lots of ideas and thoughts flying around without anyone really pulling the trigger on what to do. I know Bill and I would have done whatever was asked of us. Bill's car is a 92 Mitsubishi 3000- not the ideal trasportation for anyone 6ft plus and in pain. I'm in no way excuse making, just filling in some details. May all wounded parties heal quickly and farkle your way back onto the road.

:shock: Sorry about your mishap, and glad you are still able to keep us posted. ATGATT, it really works!

Well here are my photo contributions (such as they are). The 1st one was a waterfall I just happened to shoot as we blew by. I stopped and took the picture. This was after we left AR123. The others were just random pictures until the bridge which was at the War Eagle Mill. Keith and I were doing the tourist thing in ES on Sunday when a very nice lady offered to take our picture.

Attachments

• 5-22-2007-04a.jpg
    5-22-2007-04a.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 5-22-2007-06a.jpg
    5-22-2007-06a.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 5-22-2007-07a.jpg
    5-22-2007-07a.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 5-22-2007-12a.jpg
    5-22-2007-12a.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 5-22-2007-09a.jpg
    5-22-2007-09a.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 172
Bill again heal up quick, Sorry 123 bit another one (got me last year
as well)

Wayne I think you were at the hotel when we
got back from our ride on Friday but by the time I
got back out of my room (had to check on my daughters
gymnastics competition) you were gone, so I never got to meet you.

Rebecca if you are ever up in the Little Rock area my mom
lives in the area and always welcome wayward travelers that
are riding buddies of mine, careful she may take your bike
for a spin herself

Rebecca if you are ever up in the Little Rock area my mom
lives in the area and always welcome wayward travelers that
are riding buddies of mine, careful she may take your bike
for a spin herself

I'd be a hypocrite to say no! As long as someone can get their feet down on the beast, they are welcome to take it for a spin.

Wish I'd known... I made it all the way to Conway (?) before I had to pull off the slab and get some sleep. I guess I was just too tired already - this is the curb I hit. As you can see from the chipped concrete, I only missed by less than a foot! :doh:

(yes, all three puddles are from my bike...)
155282449-M.jpg

She lives in Benton you would have had another 45 miles to go, sorry
to hear about the curb hit, was the fluid oil? She would probably just
make you take her for a ride as its been a few years since she has
ridden

High as a kite ain'tchya Bilwe?:haha: I'm gonna send this pic to Randyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!:-D

(with your permission)

Attachments

• bilwestoned.jpg
    bilwestoned.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 158
as this was posted originally, was it a thumbs up or down???

either way, ive got em both saved and plan to have years of fun with them!!!!

Attachments

• bilwethumbsup.jpg
    bilwethumbsup.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 158
OK, let's move on to more pleasant matters.

We went on a leisurely loop not too far from ES, then ended coming back through town again in search of the Beaver Bridge. We eventually found it took the opportunity to get a drink of water and take a few pics.

ride065.jpg

-

OK. This is a very cool bridge. :clap: :dude:

I am going to have to go to Eureka Springs just to ride across it. :rider:

As if the pain in his shoulder wasn't enough, he had to give up some chest hair when he finally pulled the monitor pad off shortly after midnight.

155281912-M.jpg

He stood by and watched as it took five men, two women, two headlamps, two flashlights, one flood lamp, and a folding ramp to get the poor Strom out of the pickup and onto the trailer at 1:30 am on the uncertain terrain of the local KOA.

155281931-M.jpg

Thye offending gravel (the bad rocks according to mini-Stinky) and the mark Biwwy (who shall now be named Walnut) left on Arkansas.

155281732-M.jpg

If you look closely, you can trace his path from the gravel to the ditch and back up to the lip of the pavement.

155459190-L.jpg

Back