• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride, Crash, Fly, Go Home.... My Trip to Arkansas...

You can see the gravel on the shoulder on the inside of the corner. Drivers run off on the inside and kick gravel on the road surface, then it gets deposited in the center of the lane by other traffic. You also need to watch for gravel driveways entering the roadway near curves. They'll bring gravel to the pavement as well.

Riding 123 and other crooked Arkansas roads, it's best to develop the "slow in - fast out" riding style. Then if you see gravel or other obstacles, you can skip the "fast out" part.

I attended the ZRX rally this weekend and Buddy (BUDZREX) told me there had been a crash and helicopter ride in the TWTEX group. I'm relieved to finally know that, though serious, it wasn't life threatening.

I have better pics to hold over him...

Until Bill can defend himself, let me remind you that I have a picture from Friday morning of YOU in the garage that I will hold as a Deterrent... :eek2:

Wayne I think you were at the hotel when we
got back from our ride on Friday but by the time I
got back out of my room (had to check on my daughters
gymnastics competition) you were gone, so I never got to meet you.

No prob, dude. I looked everywhere for you, thinking it would be easy to spot your blue Rex, but it wasn't to be. Oh well, one of these days...

Well, it was a long, and somewhat wet, ride home. It was good to meet everyone, I don't recall all the names, but I could match you to your bike. I learn something new on each trip I take, and after the mishap Saturday, it really had me wondering what I would do if the same situation happened to me, that far from home. Not just on this ride but any ride 300 plus miles from home. I think, I too, will plan on hualing up in the future, as I don't have anyone to call to drive 600 miles to pick me up. Anyway, I had a good time, thanks for letting me ride along.

[rant]
Funny thing about the trailers. Yes, there were trucks and trailers back at the hotel, but nobody in the group was willing to cut their day short to head back to ES to get one. My wife was there in her dad's pickup, but I was unable to reach her (no signal I guess). I finally did reach her late that afternoon and when she got back in to town, Bill, Keith and I made arrangements to go get Bill's bike with the pickup. We had to wait a while to get the keys for the bike and lock from Bill, and so it was pretty late when we got started. We didn't get back to the hotel until almost 2:00am. Bottom line is the trip into the hills in the middle of the night could have been avoided if someone had stepped up and headed back to the hotel right after the crash. :whatever:
[/rant]

WOW!! That is amazing. When we had our little get off by Eureka Springs - http://motoadrenaline.blogspot.com/2006/09/eureka-springs-ouch.html

ALL of the people on that trip stopped and came together to help us. It was awesome. some met us at the hosp some went back to the hotel and rounded up the trailer and truck. When we returned back from the hosp after being driven around town looking for a pharmacy in Fayetteville the bike was loaded up and all of our things were already in our room. It brought a smile to our faces that our friends would take care of us like this. We have great friends. The next day everyone jumped on the bikes and went on the planned ride for the day. No one complained about missing road time, they were just there to help a fallen friend. We have great friends.

Congrats to you and your wife for helping a rider when needed, the good Karma will follow.. I promise :zen:

Well, not too good of news from the doc today. I guess I have a grade 4 AC separation and on Thursday the 31st I will undergo surgery to repair it. Here is the x-ray that they took today. They told me that the two bones in the upper left are supposed to be at the same height. Alas, they are not...

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know.

img0985gs9.jpg

Dang! :eek2:

Well, I guess we have all determined that Bill can indeed fly, but he needs to work on his dismount and landings a bit. ;)

Wish it was better news my friend. Let us know if there is any thing we can do to help out.

WOW! Bill, That really looks painful...

I agree with Keith...your dismount leaves a lot to be desired...

Heal up quick so we can all meet for a better ride...

well that doesn't look too good there Bill. Hope the surgery gets it all back like is supposed to be.

Let me know if there's anything that I can be of assistance with.

If you didn't want to mow the lawn this summer you could have just gotten Mel that push mower dude!

Surgery isn't a bad thing sometimes. It actually has a faster recovery time in many cases since the bones are already fixated. My right humeus looks like this:

Attachments

• hplat1.jpg
    hplat1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Surgery isn't a bad thing sometimes. It actually has a faster recovery time in many cases since the bones are already fixated.

You do know that I'm going to keep repeating this to myself over and over again for the next week, don't you??? Thanks for the encouraging words, because when it comes to surgery, I really am quite a baby.

Anybody that can mugg :lol2: for the camera while laying on an open road is not a baby.....

Surgery isn't a bad thing sometimes. It actually has a faster recovery time in many cases since the bones are already fixated. My right humeus looks like this:

WOW! That's an ingenious way to carry a flask of whiskey...:mrgreen:

My best to you, Biwwy, and to your wife as well!

And my sympathy that all those pics were taken of your event which will follow you all the days of your life...

And my sympathy that all those pics were taken of your event which will follow you all the days of your life...

No sympathy! Even before the first responders were there he was asking us to get the cameras snapping!

For those that think I'm beating a man that's already down, please understand that Biwwy is my buddy and he knows that I'm just trying to make him laugh - I have to. I'm the entertainment. :cool2:

Well, it was a long, and somewhat wet, ride home. It was good to meet everyone, I don't recall all the names, but I could match you to your bike. I learn something new on each trip I take, and after the mishap Saturday, it really had me wondering what I would do if the same situation happened to me, that far from home. Not just on this ride but any ride 300 plus miles from home. I think, I too, will plan on hualing up in the future, as I don't have anyone to call to drive 600 miles to pick me up. Anyway, I had a good time, thanks for letting me ride along.

Roger,

Thanks for your advice on turns. As soon as I fix the bike I'm going to practice what you said. I'm looking for a trailer also. On Monday, I wasn't in
the mood to ride back to Dallas. Thank Doug(?) for his help also. Maybe, I'll see y'all on the next ride.

Marco

Roger,

Thanks for your advice on turns. As soon as I fix the bike I'm going to practice what you said. I'm looking for a trailer also. On Monday, I wasn't in
the mood to ride back to Dallas. Thank Doug(?) for his help also. Maybe, I'll see y'all on the next ride.

Marco

Hey Marco, invest in a copy of Keith Codes, Twist of the Wrist II, he can explain it a lot better than I can. I enjoyed riding with you, hope to do it again.

Back