• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride like a girl

Horsepower to weight on Texter's bike is probably the best in the track. She can't be much over a hundred. I think only bike minimum weight is governed. Fans love her. Doesn't her brother race in twins?
I believe he does

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Think the real shame of the situation is
Wish there were more ladies racing.
People use to say Nicky Hayden was fast but, his sister was even faster.
This is certainly true when I go kart racing. No one seems to be faster than my wife.

I don’t about all this
Just think they played really well
And should get paid/ celebrated just as much as the USNMT

Sorry, but it's basic economics. The money is not there to pay them the same as the men's league. The men's league produces 55x the revenue of the women's league, not even close. Only $73 MILLION vs nearly $4 BILLION. 13% of the women's league revenue goes to salary vs. 9% of the men's.

Horsepower to weight on Texter's bike is probably the best in the track. She can't be much over a hundred. I think only bike minimum weight is governed. Fans love her. Doesn't her brother race in twins?
The power to weight ratio is a pretty good advantage for the ladies.
This thread made me think back to ladies in shooting sports. Anecdotally, I've read and heard s lot of guys say that their wives, once they've been trained, can out shoot them. I wonder if there's some genetic differences in the cognitive skills between men and women, as far as the processing of skill sets?

I wonder if there's some genetic differences in the cognitive skills between men and women, as far as the processing of skill sets?

In flight school they were also keen to remind us guys that there is no better helicopter pilot than a female helicopter pilot. Apparently a woman’s lack of upper body strength and sharp hand eye co-ordination were key to a woman’s superior piloting skill.

In flight school they were also keen to remind us guys that there is no better helicopter pilot than a female helicopter pilot. Apparently a woman’s lack of upper body strength and sharp hand eye co-ordination were key to a woman’s superior piloting skill.
I guess that was more of a finesse type advantage vs a brute strength kind of thing?

Opinion of a female racer:

HP to weight ratio - definitely an advantage. My bike doesn't even realize I'm there ;-) If I actually twist the throttle, it's a rocket ship and I'm not doing much of anything to slow it down.

Upper body strength - decided disadvantage. I can't muscle that bike around like the guys can, it ends up being a finesse thing for me. This produces a whole other world of things that one ends up dealing with. Thankfully I have one of the best suspension guys in the country who's working with me and answering all my texts, so that's been beyond helpful.

There are other differences as well, basic aggression being one that I see as a difference between the women road racers vs their male counterparts.

Of course, all rules have exceptions, and all of these things are on a sliding scale, but that's my experience and observation.

My wife can operate our zero turn mower much better than me. I think too much when turning. She just zips around trees. I just weed eat 😂

Shayna is awesome and a fan favorite. Deservedly so. The Lima crowd was wildly cheering her win and the moves leading up to the victory. I hope she gets invited to the White House!

If so hopefully something better than McD's, lol..

My wife can operate our zero turn mower much better than me. I think too much when turning. She just zips around trees. I just weed eat 😂

I'd rather wead eat than mow any day of the week....

And if you haven’t checked it out yet, check out Itchy Boots on YouTube. She’s riding a Royal Enfield purchased in India. Riding it solo all over the place. She’s already conquered Southeast Asia, ridden through Oman and the UAE, then through Iran and most of the _____stans. A real cutie from Holland with blonde hair, blue eyes, a great attitude, an infectious smile, and “balls” bigger than any man I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She could get Gold Bond to sponsor her :).

I've been watching a ton of her videos. Impressive young lady. Did you see her "Love Valley" video recently? Hilarious.

“Love Valley”. Quite appropriately named [emoji23]

Buren-Sisters-record-breaking-motorcycle-journey-4.jpg

Bessie Stringfield, the first African-American woman to ride across the United States solo. At the tender age of 19, she got her mother’s permission to purchase motorcycle and the rest is history. To support herself while traveling the lower 48 states, she performed in motor vehicle shows, performed stunts, and rode in motordomes . During World War Two, she was the only woman to serve as motorcycle dispatch and was the first woman to be included in the Motorcycle Hall of Fame.

And if you haven’t checked it out yet, check out Itchy Boots on YouTube. She’s riding a Royal Enfield purchased in India. Riding it solo all over the place. She’s already conquered Southeast Asia, ridden through Oman and the UAE, then through Iran and most of the _____stans.

She is just about finished with Europe; she will be taking a rest in The Netherlands and then prepping for her next ride of Patagonia to Alaska.

She had a very quick turnaround. I hope she has as much fun in the Americas as she did in Eurasia

Her first day was a drag with a drop and a flat, but she was really pleased with day 2. And she shows the welcoming warmth of the people she encounters.

Whoa! Awesome news for her. She's put in the work for sure and I always pull for her. I wondered if she would ever graduate to a twin.

Her results on shorter tracks never seem to be as good as she does on mile and 1/2 milers so I'm actually kind of surprised that Indian signed her as her consistency isn't as good as hubby and Mees from start to end of season.

Riding like a girl? 2 words: Debbie Evans!

She is the woman behind the stunts in the Matrix movies and more.

Back