• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride reports: 15 Year Anniversary Pie run in Hico, 01/25/2020

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
First!!
d77298076fd41cfa8a2fb9184da3f21e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m out as well and it’s in my back yard.
I’m still feeling sickly from strep throat.
I’m not contagious at this point btw.
y’all have fun and have a piece of Black Forest pie for me.

Nice ride up this morning. Great turnout saw a few guys I knew but having not going to Pie Runs for several years either there is a lot of new guys or the rest of you got old and hard to recognize :)

Scott good to see you again and enjoyed visiting with Chuck Gilk51 and his wife

A nice 360 mile day got a bit windy on the way back south

Last edited:
Good turnout. A cool 31 deg to start out. But a perfect 68 deg when done. 495 miles round trip today. Thanks for organizing Leon.

Jimni Cricket, what a turnout! The Burning Pie Man Festival was a success.

:thumb:

Red Brown

that is actually next month, on the 29th, yep leap day! won't happen again for 28 years.
I may be changing the destination.

I want to apologize to someone. I was on my 07 Silver Yamaha FJR at the end of lunch preparing to leave and someone came up to talk to me about my bike and I kind of blew them off. I didn't realize it till I was riding away and felt bad. However, I didn't do it intentionally and was quite distracted at that point trying to herd cats and get my GPS going as I was the ride leader to take Texas_T and others to Doug's house to get his tire situation remedied. I don't know who you were but I'm sorry.

550 miles for me today. Nippy is a good word for the first part of the ride this morning. My pie.
dddba1887e94028759d037bbb20a4846.jpg

Good to see everyone. Remember,
43f8da2141b67b64f8fadbeb6d18f65c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scott good to see you again and enjoyed visiting with Chuck Gilk51 and his wife

Chuck was there? I totally missed him.

Add 2 more! JT and I arrived about 1140

Gina, I saw you in the parking lot, & meant to circle back & talk to you. It was kinda crazy busy there today. Glad you made it.

Chuck was there? I totally missed him.

Gina, I saw you in the parking lot, & meant to circle back & talk to you. It was kinda crazy busy there today. Glad you made it.
I saw you too! And I thought, "I gotta talk to that man." Didn't see ya again.

I'll catch you next time, Gina. Hopefully, I'll get to make a couple of pie runs this year; this was my first in probably 2 years.

Brian, I'm glad the tire saga came out OK. And if you had lunch, changed a tire, and then made it all the way to Van Horn for the night, you are truly an Iron Butt. It was good to finally meet you.

Back