• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Review for East Texas 450 – Nov 6 and 7, 2021

Not sure about running Ride On in tubeless with TMS, might mess up the sensor? Don't know the answer to that.

I had a fantastic time.
Many thanks to Pat for organizing, Joel for leading and Casper for leading.
Joel bought everyone and I mean everyone dinner at the Mexican restaurant. Thanks Joel that was real nice.
Some pics and then I will get on my soap box about how to avoid flat tires. Stay tuned.

View attachment 306901
Is that a washout between you and the Tundra? If so could y'all get through?

QUOTE Is that a washout between you and the Tundra? If so could y'all get through?

A small bridge was out and we had to go thru the woods and down in the small creek to bypass the closed bridge. We all made it through and then about four vehicles came thru so I snapped a pic of the first one, the Tundra coming thru.

Not sure about running Ride On in tubeless with TMS, might mess up the sensor? Don't know the answer to that.

Can Ride-On be used in combination with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems)?​

Ride-On is safe to use with TPMS, provided that they are hermetically sealed.

Guess it's ok! Good to know.

Here is some info on that from their website.

" hermetically sealed" Not sure how this works in this application?

QUOTE Is that a washout between you and the Tundra? If so could y'all get through?

A small bridge was out and we had to go thru the woods and down in the small creek to bypass the closed bridge. We all made it through and then about four vehicles came thru so I snapped a pic of the first one, the Tundra coming thru.
What routes/tracks were you following, Dan? We never came across any washed out bridges, but it did seem that different groups were riding different routes. We'd sometimes see wheel tracks, but other times not. We followed the same ones I posted from 2019, and was happy (but surprised) that it was exactly the same. We did not run the very last leg from Apple Springs back to Livingston though, as one of our guys had to get home, so maybe it was along that one?

Last edited:
Not sure why Caspar was struggling in the mud.

Attachments

• 20211106_101435.jpg
    20211106_101435.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 119
What routes/tracks were you following, Dan?
I did not have a GPS, Casper had one and was doing a fantastic job leading our group.
It was not from Apple Springs to Livingston as we split up there, some slabbing it and some continuing on.

What routes/tracks were you following, Dan? We never came across any washed out bridges, but it did seem that different groups were riding different routes. We'd sometimes see wheel tracks, but other times not. We followed the same ones I posted from 2019, and was happy (but surprised) that it was exactly the same. We did not run the very last leg from Apple Springs back to Livingston though, as one of our guys had to get home, so maybe it was along that one?
Based on my route record, I think the bridge that was out is at the following coordinates. 31.220815, -93.809165

Also, here is my route file up until I had to stop in Hemphill.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2021-11-06 07.10, East Texas 450 Partial.gpx
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Based on my route record, I think the bridge that was out is at the following coordinates. 31.220815, -93.809165

Also, here is my route file up until I had to stop in Hemphill.

GPX viewer
Aha, I see now. You guys took a bit of a shortcut from what we rode. When y'all turned left onto that road, we continued on straight out to Hwy. 87
Rydah, great videos.
Thank you, Sir. That was our small group of three (Toe Jam and Arlo) that stopped by while you were busy with that front tire. When I saw you with that tube in your hands, I knew y'all had it under control!

The other Amigos, Arlo and Toe Jam. Couldn't ask for a better group of guys to ride with.

Attachments

• 2021ET500 - Arlo.jpg
    2021ET500 - Arlo.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 2021ET500 - ToeJam.jpg
    2021ET500 - ToeJam.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 97
Good times. Great people. Enjoyed riding with Fuji, Xavier, Doug, David, & Joel. Not many pics but here is what I've got.

Looking forward to the next ride!

Attachments

• IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6462.jpg
    IMG_6462.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6463.jpg
    IMG_6463.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6467.jpg
    IMG_6467.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I see @BornAgain in this photo. I hope y’all had a great ride Paul. You had been talking about the ET450 for a while. How’d the DRZ do?
Did great Glenn could not have asked for better weather or better bunch of guys to ride with. Wish you had made this one you would have enjoyed it.

Here's one of Joel and me on the SamRayburn dam. The lake looked wicked with all the mist moving around. This pic does not do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 97
Back