• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride the Himalayas

i have few friends that have done motorcycle trips in the Himalayas with different tour operators and they said it was awesome.

that looks pretty nice. almost makes me wish I had a pass port.

Wow, super interested. I have done South East Asia and Europe would really like to do the Himalayas.
I even Have a Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle (its a lot of fun) if not in 2021, maybe 2022-I should be retired by then.

Wow, super interested. I have done South East Asia and Europe would really like to do the Himalayas.
I even Have a Royal Enfield Himalayan motorcycle (its a lot of fun) if not in 2021, maybe 2022-I should be retired by then.
My only reservation is the food. My digestive system and Indian food are foes. Check out this video from MAD, they did a similar trip.

When I was riding in SE Asia, (thailand, laos, vietnam and cambodia i got used to a lot of different foods and actually ate a lot of indian food.
Still eat it now.

I would like to do something like this with someone that's experienced with international travel. I'm not. Never traveled international, I don't think Canada really counts.

This is on my bucket list too.
This tour is a little on the higher end, you can find them cheaper, $ 3k is a lot of money there.
Another thing to watch is the tensions at the Indo-China border, some of these tours get pretty close to the border, might get modified/canceled.

If you want a calmer ride in
the mountains without the political tensions and super friendly people, try Bhutan. We visited that country on a private tour and our tour guide is now running a motorcycle tour!

I would like to do something like this with someone that's experienced with international travel. I'm not. Never traveled international, I don't think Canada really counts.
I have done 6 overseas motorcycle tour/rides. I am no expert but have learned the ins and outs .
don’t expect to try next one till 2022

If you want a calmer ride in
the mountains without the political tensions and super friendly people, try Bhutan. We visited that country on a private tour and our tour guide is now running a motorcycle tour!
Do you happen to have any contact informatio/links?

Yes that is actually very reasonable for an all inclusive tour like this.
‘European tours are much higher and not all inclusive.

I ran US bike tours and they are even more expensive than the European tours like Edelweiss. Most experience riders could just ride on their own and just rent (hire) a bike.

So far, I've been unable to find any legitimate reviews of this website. I would be extremely leery of sending them any money until they can be verified as being legit. The price seems to be way cheaper than the ones I've heard of. Their new domain name "ridethehimalayas.com" was registered Jan 7, 2021 according to a web search. Something sure seems strange!!! I looked for reviews for both adveturewala.com and ridethehimalayas.com but couldn't find any reviews that seemed legitimate such as tripadvisor. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for something like that!

I reached out to the owner/organizer of this tour and shared the concerns with him. He connected me to a facebook group that has hundreds of people from around the globe who have been on this tour, plus a connection to his Facebook page plus many links to individuals I can talk to who have done the tour.
I intend to post some questions and get some answers, if all is as well as I suspect, will be putting a deposit down for Sept 2022…

I reached out to the owner/organizer of this tour and shared the concerns with him. He connected me to a facebook group that has hundreds of people from around the globe who have been on this tour, plus a connection to his Facebook page plus many links to individuals I can talk to who have done the tour.
I intend to post some questions and get some answers, if all is as well as I suspect, will be putting a deposit down for Sept 2022…
Looking forward to what you find out.

So I deceided do go with a different company out of England called Ride Expeditions.
I felt that they had a bigger focus on safety. It is a bit more expensive though for the 13 day tour.
Got a spot reserved for Aug 29 2022. Can only hope that the COVID thing is settled by then. they do guarantee full refund if it has to be canceled

Covid will never be settled it's here from now on just like ever other virus. You can only hope they start using science in their response to it.

I spent 6 weeks riding the Himalayas back in 2012 , got into Delhi, took a 4hrs train to Rishikesh, in the foothills of the Himalayas, rented a motorcycle from the locals, for like 15 dlls a day got a state map and up I went, I kind a like been off schedule, but anyway it was an amazing journey and very beautiful and magical place

The Taj Mahal is a must see, be safe and keep your wallet in your front pocket, I learned that one the hard way, glad you fulfilling your adventure 🙏🏍️

Back