• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Ride to Fort Concho - Dec 7/8

Reaction score
misterk & I have been discussing a ride for the Friday & Saturday of Dec 7/8 to Fort Concho in San Angelo, weather dependent (I ain’t ridin in the freezin cold or rain).

https://fortconcho.com

We will meet at 9am in Thurber. Breakie at New York Hill (the only place in Thurber with real butter). After breakie, we will ride many easy dirt roads across the vast open nothingness of central Texas, arriving in San Angelo before dark. I’m sure misterk & others will wanna camp at San Angelo State Park. I will get a cabin or hotel nearby.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/san-angelo

Saturday mornin we’ll meet for breakie & then proceed to Fort Concho to take in the sights. Then maybe lunch, then twist the idiot grip & put it in highway gear to get home before dark.

Anyone comin from a different area can meet us along the way or in San Angelo on Friday night. Anyone not into riding dirt roads can skip ahead & meet us in San Angelo also.

Anyone interested?

Weather dependent ... in!

Interested!

Gonna have to catch you in the road Friday though. Probably can’t leave my house until 9:00am. Where’s the lunch spot Friday? Will it have real butter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Gonna be a good one! When we get closer I will reserve some sites at sasp once we get a head count.

Last edited:
I'm up for it if I can break a previous engagement. Sounds like fun.

I'm between curious and interested but in Spring Branch so the location doesn't align.

Anyone else from the San Antonio area interested?

Just so you know, and you may already, that weekend is Christmas at Old Fort Concho. It is a really cool event, and is the Forts big event for the year. I live her in San Angelo and we are proud of our Fort.
https://fortconcho.com/home/events/christmas-at-old-fort-concho/

I did not know that, but since it looks pretty cool, I’m gonna act like I did indeed know about that & planned it thataway on purpose.

Now just hopin for nice weather. I’m gonna have to see a low >40* & a high >60*.

Now just hopin for nice weather. I’m gonna have to see a low >40* & a high >60*.

You take us down a sandy swampy road in Louisiana, but a 10 degree temp drop from your idea of perfection bothers you? You are a bi-polar motorcycle rider LOL

d62c72a2c9144e01a306db3bc42dede7.jpg

I will say, if your gonna camp in 30* weather, I’ll ride just to see it.

Why not? If you're geared for it no problem. I just returned from 6 nights straight in the low 30's. My cooler ice from home lasted the entire week. I would rather camp in the 30's than camp in the mid 90's with humidity.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I hate trying to sleep with sweat running down my face ! I find it easier to camp when it cold than when it freaking hot at night ! I have 3 sleeping bag from mild to -20 ratings ! ! !

:rider:I will be going. I am new to this group so I hope to meet some of you.

Back