• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Ride to Shoot Hogs - Jan 26/27

Reaction score
Any interest in a TWT group hog hunt Jan 26/27? Weather dependent, lodging in my new (& ever-so-slightly improved bunkhouse) on Saturday night.

Hunters must ride a motorcycle to my place.

I can accommodate up to 16 hunters.

Hunting will be from a stand only.

Safety is #1. Don’t be “that guy”, I don’t want any extra holes in my body that good Lord didn’t put there, & if I wanted my cabins or stands shot up, I’d shoot them myself. Leave rifles unloaded until you are in the stand & I am out of sight. Unload rifles before you get out of stand.

No AR-15s or .223 rifles, .243 or larger. I have a few spare rifles if needed.

We’ll meet up that Saturday for lunch @ 11:30 in Graham, at my favorite burger joint (BNB). Hunt that afternoon & the next morning & be done by noon.

I have a range to sight in or confirm zero.

If you want some meat, I’d advise to just remove the back straps from smaller pigs. Your on your own with cleaning them, I’ll point & make snide comments.

As usual, weather dependent.

Any registered TWT’er is welcome.

So, anyone up for some hog killin?

Ok, got the RSVP list started (Thanks Throttlemeister!). Get signed up if you want a bunk. There are officially 12 bunk beds, but have room for camping also.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun time.
I've got a trip to uvalde taking up my January money or else I'd love to help you put some piggies to sleep.

Rule #62.
Don't take yourself so serious.

I might be interested if it isn't freezing out. Coming from Houston. Is this a regular thing you need help with?

One stand that accommodates 16 shooters, or multiple stands? Sounds fun.

I mean, we could all get in 1 stand, but it might be roomier in our own stands. If a coupla folks wanna pair up & hunt together that’s fine. Properly co-ordinated, synchronized shooting of hogs is a thing of beauty.....

Each stand has a heater.

HQ (bunkhouse) now has 2 full bathrooms with hot water & all.

Last edited:
I am in! I will be camping so that leaves a bed open in the bunk house.

Props to you for not allowing under powered guns. I hunt with a 45/70 or a .375 H&H mag for close range.

Not as regular as other chores. Next get togethers after this will be titled “Ride to Dig Post Holes” & then “Ride to Spray Pear”, but I’m gonna wait til July when its good & warm for those.
I need host a ride to spray pear too!

As for post holes, I cant afford to ride my tractor that far

Sounds like fun. Wish I could make but will be in San Angelo that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s ok. I gotta coupla sets of hand diggers. They are super fun to operate. Y’all will probably be fighting over who gets to run them next.

Those are great for sure! Can’t remember the last time I had so much fun gripping those handles and thrusting them roughly into hard ground.

Sadly I have not built my .458 socom upper yet...maybe next time.

Those are great for sure! Can’t remember the last time I had so much fun gripping those handles and thrusting them roughly into hard ground.

Sadly I have not built my .458 socom upper yet...maybe next time.

Should have went 300blk with that last one [emoji6]

And for those of who may be worried about the sight of a gun on a motorcycle.... I have been carrying them to matches that way for years. A cased gun doesn't get a second look stopping to eat in Azle, Weatherford, Poolville or Peaster. If it is uncased, they may ask you if is loaded.

Are you saying no “AR” style rifles or just not in .223 caliber?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you saying no “AR” style rifles or just not in .223 caliber?

Just the .223 caliber or smaller.

Sure, I’ve killed lotsa hogs with .223 & I’m sure thousands are killed across the state with them, they are just a bit too marginal, especially on larger hogs.

Other calibers in the same platform are much better suited. Like .300BO, 6.8SPC, the 6.5s, etc. & are welcome. Of course the AR-10 in .308 or 6.5CM makes a heckuva hog rifle.

Really, it’s tough to beat a good bolt action in .308 or .30/06. Other full power calibers like .25/06 or 270 work well also. A single well placed shot is very effective.

If anyone has NVM or thermal toys, you can stay in the stand overnight.

**** this sounds like fun. I've got the bike and a 30-06, but unfortunately I'm 3.5hrs away. A little too far to ride, especially w/o a windscreen. What if I trailered the bike to Graham. ;-)

**** this sounds like fun. I've got the bike and a 30-06, but unfortunately I'm 3.5hrs away. A little too far to ride, especially w/o a windscreen. What if I trailered the bike to Graham. ;-)

I don’t really mind if folks drive in. But bonus points will be awarded to those who ride in, & extra bonus points for riding from camp to the hunting stand.

I don’t really mind if folks drive in. But bonus points will be awarded to those who ride in, & extra bonus points for riding from camp to the hunting stand.
What if someone does all that plus takes a big enough cooler to bring home the bacon?

Back