• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider Footrest Bracket’s Rubber Washers - Cause Foot Peg Movement and Sloppy Feeling - Fix

Reaction score
I purchase new PSR (Power Stand Racing) forged aluminum 1 piece foot pegs only to have the same soft vague feeling as stock pegs. As I was placing my feet I noticed the footrest brackets movem which looked like the were flexing. I removed the three 8mm bolts only to discover the movement was not a flaw but a design feature for reduced vibration. There are 3 rubber bushings with rubber washers in each bracket. I simply removed all the rubber washers and replaced them with steel 1/2“ washers that fit the bolts and bracket indications perfectly. Now the mounts are solid and the shifter and brake pedal feel more connected and accurate. I feel more connected to the bike now. Simple inexpensive cure for the flex and mushy feeling from stock.

The PSR-USA.com website is here. They didn’t show the 1250 Bandit under Suzuki so I input 08-19 Hayabusa. They fit wonderfully and look and feel great. They are 1 piece forged aluminum that are very light weight too. Very pleased with them.

Back