• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider Magazine - no longer just digital

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
I wrote to Rider yesterday and got this response:

Good Morning Brian,

Rider had an interruption in printing and mailing but we have resumed print. Digital issues were offered during this time. I will provide links to the digital issues you may have missed. Your subscription will be extended for the missed issues and you should begin receiving print copies in the mail starting with the next issue. Your updated expiration is May of 2022. Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help you with. Have a great day.

Happy, happy, joy, joy. While I read some things digitally, I just prefer my magazine reading to be analog.

I've gotten it on the mail for the last 3-5 months now I think. But yeah they went digital for a while.

I've gotten it on the mail for the last 3-5 months now I think. But yeah they went digital for a while.
Me too and get digital also. The magazine has new stall editor etc. I like it better except Clement S is gone. It is the best out there IMO. Consumer Motorcycle News was my favorite but it bit the dust. I also like Super Bike Planet on line.

The magazine has new stall editor etc. I like it better except Clement S is gone.
What's a stall editor?

That sucks about Clem. I guess that happened when I was stuck in the digital world and stopped reading it. Did he just decide to retire?

Clem was a neighbor just down the road and personal riding buddy when I lived in Atacadero. We both rode ST1100's back then. He's a great guy and his wife Sue can physically out work any of us :-) I remember one day leaving their yard on my bike for a ride when she was deep in a trench digging a ditch for a water line to their guest house she was creating. I stopped and asked Clem if he felt ok with us going riding on this particular day while she was covered in dust. He said "Yes, that is what she really likes doing". She was the most hands on builder I ever saw and her projects were an inspiration every time. Shame he's done at Rider.

Mine was gone for several months, contacted them and got the same deal and links. The digital reader is not very good, I think and told them so! Very glad they are back to print!

Clem was a neighbor just down the road and personal riding buddy when I lived in Atacadero.
I'm sure those conversations were extremely interesting... the places he's been, the things he's seen, the stories that never made it into print. You were lucky to have been acquainted with him.

I was finally able to contact someone about 6 months ago on Messenger. Greg Drevernstedt mailed me and apologized also explaining how they had a big re-alignment and he ended up editor in chief. He added another 6 months to my sub and I've recieved 4 copies so far. :clap:

This is on Rider Insider Audio this week. Peter Jones interview. Anyone know what his bike is? Triumph Yamaha or Norton? I thought I knew bikes.
peter jones.jpg

I was finally able to contact someone about 6 months ago on Messenger. Greg Drevernstedt mailed me and apologized also explaining how they had a big re-alignment and he ended up editor in chief. He added another 6 months to my sub and I've recieved 4 copies so far. :clap:
No one has responded to my 2nd query about why other users are reporting getting magazines but I'm not, but they did extend my subscription for another 12 months so I'll wait to see what happens.

I just got NY renewal notice time to pay. I think I got y months free cause I usually pay at Christmas

Would the big S on the tank be a hint?
I thought the tank was Suzuki but looking at motor the best I can and frame, not sure. Like Rod said. Custom going on. Guess I can e mail Rider or Peter Jones. It may be Suzuki all the way. Just curious.

Back