• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider to Passenger Intercom Question

Elder Rogue

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I have been using the Sena SMH10 for a few years now and we have always had issues sound quality over the intercom. Speakers have never been an issue (music) but voice communications have been hit or miss. I have replaced my mic more that a few times so my question to everyone is.

Which BT intercom have you been using and would you recommend it?

I have used the SENA 20S with the kids as passengers. I use the boom mic that came with it. After I put my helmet on, I just position the mike closer to my mouth, but not touching. Works great. Kids do the same thing. I just wish it went to 11. Even at max volume, it still could stand to be just a bit louder. We ride with ear plugs. It is clear, just not quite loud enough.

Volumes never been an issue but the Mic has been a running battle, especially on my helmet, early on I had to return my mount and boom mic to SENA for a replacement. I have since purchased a second boom mic / mount. I even did the wire mic stuck to the chin bar, but that failed after a while so I am back to another boom.

Looking at the Cardo Freecom 2+ since it's only the wife and I. They all (SENA / Cardo) seem to have their share of issues from research on the web.........IDK

... I just wish it went to 11. Even at max volume, it still could stand to be just a bit louder. We ride with ear plugs. It is clear, just not quite loud enough.

Have you enabled the "Volume Boost" in settings? Factory default is off, makes a good bit of difference.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back