• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rio Bravo

Reaction score
Anyone know if it will be open tomorrow? Recording does not say anything about it. Sure would like to ride the trails, half the drive time to LA spot.

Same today. Recording only mentions Friday not Saturday. I guess they will update later.
I am wanting to go out tomorrow morning if anyone is interested in meeting up. I think they held an Enduro last weekend.

Same today. Recording only mentions Friday not Saturday. I guess they will update later.
I am wanting to go out tomorrow morning if anyone is interested in meeting up. I think they held an Enduro last weekend.
They did, ribbons are down but path worn in.

Rob was the race all trail? Or did they use part of the track?
I didn't go but my understanding was some of the night track, all of day track. And trails, heard they did a good job with size of property.

Would have been a fun race.
There is a MX race on the day track scheduled late Sept. with a +55 class.

Anyone know if it will be open tomorrow? Recording does not say anything about it. Sure would like to ride the trails, half the drive time to LA spot.
They posted on their facebook page they are open from 10-4 on the 31st and the 1st of Aug.

Curious also. It was called a Sprint Enduro so assume track sections but couldn't find info about it prior to event.
Good to have a new promoter/series but at present their(GCOR) website is almost useless. Very poor.

Last edited:
Rio needs to have a better update system on their web site…. Headed out their soon to take some dirt samples😲

WOW Awesome day of riding. My first ride @ Rio Bravo was 1980 on the all new 1980 CR 125. I apparently was hooked.
Soon to be 64 & still having that much fun on my dirt bikes is an absolute blessing.
Got there @ 9:30. Gates were open, & was on my bile by 10:15. Made several rides & left about 3.
Rode both tracks & trails. Day track was amazing. Trails were burnt in good from the race last weekend. After a while found standing allowed me to keep a little more speed & not fight the front so much through the single track ruts. Lots of up & downs with slick off camber turns leading into some, kept it interesting. Stopped & watched some trails guys doing there thing. Good crowd & for the most part seemed like a fun family day versus a MX training day. Heat surprisingly was not an issue with just a little bit of care & awareness.

It did. I asked about it when I was signing up & the lady replied matter of fact. "Ride all you want trails are not marked". So except for the marked trials areas it is fair game. Probably about as good as it gets there from the recent race.

Nice ride today … Track was awesome. Here are some pics of the step up just before the start strait. Looks easy but my body parts say 😲…. The jump is a first or second gear jump up 10 feet and out about 15. Like my friends say I can take much better photos that I can catching air.

Attachments

• B5F543E4-84BB-47F0-9EE8-F755791D79B4.jpeg
    B5F543E4-84BB-47F0-9EE8-F755791D79B4.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 155
  • BB2DFAD7-F83A-49FA-A061-C300525FF21A.jpeg
    BB2DFAD7-F83A-49FA-A061-C300525FF21A.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 147
  • C8FC60BD-CCD8-471E-B1C3-B20B6DAC6E14.jpeg
    C8FC60BD-CCD8-471E-B1C3-B20B6DAC6E14.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 155
  • E0F3BD1B-C9FB-4739-8FE7-559CBC802EFB.jpeg
    E0F3BD1B-C9FB-4739-8FE7-559CBC802EFB.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 156
Things are looking good for a Friday 5/6 ride at Rio Bravo. Come out and sweat off the Cinco de Mayo cervezas.

Message says the night track at Rio is closed today, so Im going to hold off. Might try 3 Palms if the rain didnt wash them out.

Back