• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIP Marty Howell

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
"R.I.P. my longtime friend. You where a perfect example of what a husband, father, brother, employee , friend and many more things we all should be here on earth. You where definitely a inspiration to the sport and hobby we love. You were also the guy that anyone could call for a favor or help.You will be missed but not forgotten. The Marty Howell stories will continue!!! Oh , I do have one more favor my friend. When I get heaven. Can you make sure the trails arent so tight in your section? And make sure all the faceslappers are gone."

Figure some of the older offroad riders might know Marty.
C3555B59-3F16-4C82-9913-78F70A464DF2.jpeg

Reactions: my6
"Update on my dad. He was involved in a 4 rider crash Sunday morning. Unfortunately his spine was broken in 3 places. He currently has no feeling from the chest down. He also a severely broken right arm that the doctors are calling partially amputated. Hopefully they will be able to save his arm. So far he has had 2 surgeries with at least 2 more coming. He needs to pass a breathing test before they can remove the tube. Hopefully this afternoon. He has a tough road ahead but I will be by his side the whole way. It’s hard to see my best friend in this condition. I love you dad."

Post from his son, Martin on Facebook

Accident was March 21 at Rio Bravo. Jim Cooper was riding with him and pretty much has the same injuries except for the arm. Jim has been able to go home although still paralyzed from chest down currently.

So sad to read. Prayers up for the family and their loss.

Forgive my naivety, but was the faceboook post referring to Marty Howell and posted by his son Martin?
Or is it speaking of Jim Cooper?

So sad to read. Prayers up for the family and their loss.

Forgive my naivety, but was the faceboook post referring to Marty Howell and posted by his son Martin?
Or is it speaking of Jim Cooper?
Yes, sorry for confusion. FB by Martin, his son, about Marty. But both were critically injured and flown out. Jim is home recovering.

RIP Marty...Prayers for the family.

For anyone interested, the funeral service for Marty Howell will be on Saturday May 21 at 2pm at Klein Funeral Home 14711 FM 1488 Magnolia, TX 77354

Last edited:
Had a good service today, lot of guys spoke during service, tears did flow. Pretty much standing room only. He'll be missed.

Glad it was a blessed servive . These are so hard to attend . Hope hes with the Lord now and resting peacefully. Gonna pray again for comfort of all left behind.

Couple of photos

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653229460916.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653229460916.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 122
  • FB_IMG_1653229468740.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653229468740.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 108
Did I miss you? Sure would have been good to visit. Saw a lot of old friends.
Yes, I was sitting with S Frank and his wife. Sorry to not visit but when I saw the crowd I got a seat. And it was my 49th wedding aniv so I high tailed it home as soon as things wrapped up. Still took me three hours, very bad wreck wreck just on the east side of Cleveland. One of these days we will get to visit, yesterday really kindled a fire that went cold after our other friend passed a few years ago. I am sure some others were inspired to get going. Marty is still doing his work!

Was my wife's birthday, went to dinner afterwards. Saw Stewart for a second.

Back