• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Road Construction NW Arizona

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
Not sure how many of you have travel plans in the NW quadrant of Arizona between April 2019 and Spring 2010, but in case you are here's some news you should be aware of.

Traveling south to north from Las Vegas toward Utah or north to south from Utah to Las Vegas on I-15 you go through the Virgin River Gorge which is a beautiful and fun ride. Arizona Department of Transportation has a major construction project taking place which will impact traffic.

https://www.azdot.gov/docs/default-source/projects/i-15-bridges-2-4-5-detour-factsheet.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I'm continually impressed how Arizona and Utah keep their highways in such good shape compared to Texas. Back in the day we used to have the best roads in the country. Now.....I think ours rate in the bottom 50% of states.

Keep this in mind if your traveling in the area.

Back