• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Road Rage at San Marino GP

Give him another chance next year if he can get a bike. He won't act up again. Start him at the back of the grid for first half of season. Anyone can change. Send him to anger management :shame:

Please correct me, I haven't seen where FIM has yet issued any sanction or officially ruled on the incident?
Dorna/MotoGP only suspended him for two races.
Understood, and though complicated in it's intermingling, FIM is distinct from Dorna.

Mostly moot given Fenati's loss of a ride/sponsorship, but in this case Dorna suspended Fenati's ability to participate in it's MotoGP series for two races (Spain/Aragon on 9/23and Thailand/Chang on 10/7).

FIM, acting on it's own behalf, on 9/21 finally determined to withdraw his FIM License (required for MotoGP competition) for the remainder of 2019. That covers the period of six MotoGP races.

And yes, he'll be able to apply for his FIM License in 2019. So, on paper at least, he's got another chance to pursue his career. Time will tell if he's able to get another MotoGP ride (he does have the obvious skills to be competitive in the series) and if so whether he has adjusted his behavior on the track.

Then there's the 'criminal investigation' supposedly by an Italian court. That I can only hope goes no where - IMHO that'd be a terrible precedent for all sports.

Last edited:
Back