• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roads in the Heart of Texas

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Well, we had a low turnout, but that did not dampen the fun. We won't be staying at that particular hotel again. Nice place but the management is beyond pathetic and incompetent. It was so bad it was actually kind of funny and sad all at once. :roll: Hamilton would be a better location I think in terms of being centrally located among some great roads but it simply doesn't seem to have any decent hotels.

:tab The riding was great! The weather was smoggy due to the smoke coming up from Mexico. It was a very blustery weekend!! The roads in this area are made up of mostly smooth and incredibly fast sweepers with a little bit of tight stuff thrown in here and there. Several of the really good roads were: FM 1238, FM 51 and FM 581 (especially 581!!). As usual, I failed to get very many pics :oops: But the few I got are pretty good. I'll get them up in my ride report in the next few days. All told, I only put down about 780 miles for the weekend. The new Pilot Road rear tire is scrubbed in nice and good :twisted:

Tourmeister said:
Howdy,

:tab Well, we had a low turnout, but that did not dampen the fun.

:tab The riding was great!

Several of the really good roads were: FM 1238, FM 51 and FM 581 (especially 581!!).

I agree. Good company and good roads. Too bad we didn't have more bikes.

I did about 320 miles for the day. FM581 sounds like a blast, I'll have to put it on my list.

Back