• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roadside Assistance Forum Email Subscription Question

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

If you are subscribed to the Roadside Assistance forum and have selected to get an email when a new thread is started, please post here and let me know if you received an email notification for this thread or not.

There may be a problem with the emailing and I am just trying to nail down where it might be.

Thanks.

Howdy,

If you are subscribed to the Roadside Assistance forum and have selected to get an email when a new thread is started, please post here and let me know if you received an email notification for this thread or not.

There may be a problem with the emailing and I am just trying to nail down where it might be.

Thanks.
Yep, got the email.

So those of you that did get the email, are any of you using Gmail as your mail provider?

Yes. Gmail.

The link in the email was bad.

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Yes. Gmail.

The link in the email was bad.

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

That was probably for one of the 3-4 test threads I posted and then deleted within a few minutes of posting.

If you got the email for this thread, then all is good... at least for you ;-)

I got one email in Inbox and one in Spam (Fixed). Using Yahoo
Hmmmm..... Are you filtering based on keywords or addresses? They all came from "admin@twtex.com".

....at least the 5 I got. If I should have gotten more, it's still not quite right. I filter (white-list) based on the "From:" address. Where I can, I use entire domains, but in the case of things like gmail, yahoo and aol, I'm specific to e-mail addresses. Even then, I clean my junk folder daily, so I rarely miss anything I should have seen.

Hmmmm..... Are you filtering based on keywords or addresses? They all came from "admin@twtex.com".

Not using any filters. I check spam folder and if I find any that should not be there, I mark it as not spam and normally following emails go to the inbox. Don't know why the first one went to the inbox and the 2nd to the spam folder.

....at least the 5 I got. If I should have gotten more, it's still not quite right. I filter (white-list) based on the "From:" address. Where I can, I use entire domains, but in the case of things like gmail, yahoo and aol, I'm specific to e-mail addresses. Even then, I clean my junk folder daily, so I rarely miss anything I should have seen.

Already deleted them but I got 5 emails so I'm guessing it's right.

Not using any filters. I check spam folder and if I find any that should not be there, I mark it as not spam and normally following emails go to the inbox. Don't know why the first one went to the inbox and the 2nd to the spam folder.
If mail went to your Junk folder, you're using filters.

Got them on gmail account.

So I am getting all the notifications for replies to this thread, but I don't get the new thread notifications :doh:

Back